These Spiced Apple Butter Bran Muffins are a dense and hearty muffin with double the flavor of apple. Made with spiced apple butter and filled with chunks of fresh apple and raisins, this is a breakfast muffin that will satisfy your tummy and your soul.
Muffins are a great portable breakfast or a satisfying afternoon snack to go with a cup of hot tea. This particular Apple Butter Bran Muffin is full of spicy flavor and can be a wholesome snack you won’t feel guilty about serving.
Apple Butter for the best textured muffin
Last weekend I made the Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Butter. I had never made apple butter before and I didn’t really have it often growing up. I think I probably tried it but didn’t really like it back then.
My daughter-in-law reintroduced me to apple butter when I visited her and Justin a couple of years ago at Thanksgiving time. I really loved the creamy feeling and loved knowing I could get that with no fat! I decided to go ahead and try my hand at making it and found out just how easy it was.
Apple Butter Bran Muffins are a better choice for snacking
After making so much food lately that is not calorie conscious, I decided it was time to take the bull by the horns and start being more careful and making better choices. Too much sugar can log you down and make one not feel too well.
These Spiced Apple Butter Bran Muffins use whole grains and bran to add fiber. I love the raisins and apples in the muffin themselves, making them moist and delicious.
Make this muffin recipe your way
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
So ideas for you to change this recipe up a little and make it the way you may like!
- Soak the raisins in rum rather than water.
- Use Mom’s apple pie filling in place of the apples.
- Up the fiber more and add a little texture by stirring in a tablespoon or two of hemp seed.
- If you don’t want to use a brown sugar blend, go ahead and use regular light brown sugar or a monkfruit golden sugar instead. Just double the amount of sweetener and brown sugar blend is adjusted to 1/2 of what a regular sweetener would measure.
Other hearty muffin recipes you may enjoy
These Spiced Apple Butter Muffins are a delicious treat, and muffins have always been a way for me to share my love of baking with others. I have a variety of muffin recipes that will appeal to several tastes and diets!
One of my favorite muffins is this Almond Joy Muffin. It is made with coconut milk and full of delicious chocolate and coconut.
Lemon Cheesecake Muffins are a delicious spring-themed gluten-free muffin made special with cream cheese in the batter with a strong lemon flavor.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins are another dense, delicious and satisfying muffin that is great for fall.
Fresh Raspberry Muffins are a keto muffin recipe that is very popular as well and highly reviewed (as well as delicious!)
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
A bran muffin made with apple butter and filled with raisins and fresh apples.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup spiced apple butter
- 1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup finely diced peeled apple
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
- Whisk the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the bran.
- Whisk egg, milk, apple butter, Splenda brown sugar, oil, and molasses in a large bowl until blended. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Drain the raisins; add them and the diced apple to the bowl. Stir until just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan (the cups will be very full).
- Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 18 to 22 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g