Tender Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy is an easy pork chop recipe worthy of being called comfort food! Serve them up with skillet fried potatoes and brussels sprouts for a satisfying warm you up meal!
This recipe is super easy and is one that will satisfy your hunger and bring you that homey feeling! Pork chops are a great go-to for quick and easy meals during those busy weeknights also!
Grilling them is one of my favorite ways of cooking them in the warmer weather and it is comforting to know that the USDA lowered the cooking temperature for pork to 145 degrees which means you can have a juicier chop with less cooking time! When it comes to braising, however, you usually are cooking your pork for a longer time. Still, even if braising, this is a meal that can be done in a reasonable amount of time if you’re cooking this on a weeknight (about an hour).
The pork in this recipe comes out so tender and flavorful and the braising gravy is out of this world yummy! It is excellent served over top of some pan-fried potatoes also!
What are some of your favorite pork chop recipes? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to check out our Sunday Supper Tastemakers recommendations below!
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
Pin it – Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy
6 WW points per serving
- 4 (4 ounce) boned loin pork chops (about 1" thick)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cup 2% milk, divided
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Trim fat from pork.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add pork; seal bag and shake to coat pork with flour mixture.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving remaining flour mixture.
- Place reserved flour mixture in a small bowl. Gradually add 3/4 cup milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Add milk mixture; cover, reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn pork. Stir in 3/4 milk, cover and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet, and cook pork 15 minutes or until gravy is reduced to 2/3 cup. Spoon gravy over pork.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Serving Size:1 chop and 2-1/2 Tablespoons gravy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 22gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 767mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g