Chewy and full of chocolate cookies! These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (aka CCC) are some of the best! Grumpy loved these for the very fact they are not crispy and crunchy. Make these as perfectly little cookie bites or large specialty cookies! No matter how you make them, everyone will love them.
CCC (Chocolate Chip Cookies) reminds me of an old friend. His name is Michael. I have no idea where he is anymore. Maybe he still lives in MA but we lost touch and I have no idea how to find him again. He was such a great friend and he loved Chocolate Chip Cookies. He was always bugging me to make them for him and wanted me to mail them to him. I did once and he actually sent me photos of when he received them! So, whenever I make CCC, I think of Michael and his music. He also was a musician and had made his own CD – which I still have!
These are not cooking light or low fat or good for you. They are just plain good. They are called Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies. If you eat just one (or two) you will be good. Throw the rest in the freezer and don’t allow yourself to eat anymore until the next day. he he. Right. If your like me, once and a while you’ll run to the freezer and eat a frozen one. They are good that way too. But, alas, I am being a good girl and not doing that. Honest! Cross my heart! I have that cruise I’m going on and I need to look good for it! I’ll probably give some of these away. If any of my kids are reading this and you let me know you want some…..well, Mom will be over (or you can come grab some)!
I make these cookies a bit smaller than they are supposed to be and get about twice as many cookies as the recipe says I should. I use my small cookie scoop when scooping them out. They spread some, but not a lot. They stay rounded some and have some substance to them. The bigger you make them, the thicker they will be.
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 70% dark big pieces!)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. (I use my Kitchen-aid)
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.Drop dough in 2-tablespoon (1/8-cup) portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. (I use my small cookie scoop which gives me twice as many cookies)
- Bake in a 400° oven until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center (break one open to check), 6 to 8 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. (I still bake 6-8 minutes – they don’t seem to get too brown to me – but I always check at 6 minutes first because after the first batch it can take less time)
- With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. (I always use parchment paper and since my cookies are smaller I never have trouble with them breaking!)
Pin it! Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies