I am a big fan of Bailey’s Irish Cream, however, I mainly drink it only in coffee or bake with it. Because I love it, I always end up with a big bottle over the holidays with the intent to make a Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting or Irish Cream Pound Cake with it. This year I felt the need to make something different with it, so when I came across this recipe for brownies with Baileys, I was all over it!
This is another Cooking Light recipe that I adapted it to fit what ingredients I had in my kitchen! It turned out really fudgy and you could detect the flavor of the Irish Cream in the brownie. The nutrition information included is for the ingredients I used in the recipe and they still turned out fairly low in calories for a sinfully delicious chocolate treat!
This recipe will make 16 brownies. If you’re not watching your waistline, feel free to cut them as big as you want, but 16 brownies, is the serving size for a portion controlled serving :).
Pin it! Bailey’s Irish Cream Brownies
These Irish Cream Brownies would also repurpose well into a cake pop! Just sub the brownie itself for the cake my Irish Cream Cake Pop recipe! The cake pop is originally made with a yellow cake, but there is nothing wrong with using this chocolate brownie instead. Especially if you have some chocolate fans around.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place the chocolate chips and the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until the chocolate chips and butter melt, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla extract), stirring well with a whisk. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until sugar dissolves, stirring every 30 seconds. Fold in the flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Spread batter in a thin layer into a 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 85mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 3g