This Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe is a made with a blue cheese dressing as the sauce, topped with pre-cooked chicken that is coated with Mozzarella Cheese, a combination of Red Hot Sauce and Butter, and finished off with some blue cheese crumbles. It brings the buffalo style flavors that everyone loves to your dinner table as a pizza!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is great to serve for parties, birthday celebrations, and game day events. Everyone seems to love the buffalo style recipes and this one is no exception. The pizza crust base makes the plate for a generous serving of buffalo style chicken and cheese!
Why I made this Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe
When it comes to pizza, Grumpy gets a little bent out of shape if it is anything but the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza recipe I make. And, while that pizza is a very delicious recipe, I like to make other flavors once in a while too!
However, it was close to Grumpy’s birthday and he happened to come home from work one night stating he had tried a slice of Buffalo Chicken Pizza from a convenient store. He then told me I should try making it sometime! So, since it was almost birthday time, I decided to give it a shot.
How to make the best pizza recipe
Great pizza recipes always start with a great pizza dough recipe. I can’t tell you how many times in the past I would make a pizza, only to have the picky Grumpy old man tell me it wasn’t good enough. I basically got to the point where I refused to make homemade pizza because of it and went to store bought!
Next, you want good quality ingredients. For pizza, part-skim mozzarella is best. However, more cheese is not always better. If you use too much cheese, you will have run over.
Red Hot Sauce is a must for buffalo chicken pizza. At least in our book it is. We love it and Grumpy puts it on everything! It is what puts the style in buffalo style!
Putting together your Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This recipe is pretty darned easy. Basically because you start with pizza dough. Either make your own ahead of time, or buy some from the store. For the chicken, I usually buy a rotisserie chicken and remove all the meat. Then I have enough chicken for a couple of different recipes. This Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe being one of them!
We are huge fans of blue cheese with our buffalo chicken pizza. If your not, you can always go with Ranch for topping the crust and skip the blue cheese sprinkles after it’s baked.
Having a pizza party? Try these other specialty pizza recipes!
Pizza doesn’t always just mean dough and toppings. It can mean other things too! These pizza related recipes are some of our very favorites. They make a tasty addition to the buffalo chicken pizza you will be serving!
Who doesn’t love a potato skin?! These Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins are SO delicious. Plan to make a lot of them because they will disappear fast!
Have a thing for meatballs and pizza? Well how about making this Meatball Pizza Bread! Grumpy goes bonkers over this delicious meaty stuffed pizza dough appetizer!
We love our sloppy joes and this Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joe recipe is the bomb! This makes a great weeknight dinner that gives you that pizza feel in a sandwich.
There’s more pizza on Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
If there is one thing you should know, its we love our pizza! We have always loved a real delicious homemade pizza dough. Now that we are keto, we enjoy this low carb pizza crust recipe. This is absolutely delicious as well, so if your keto, you don’t have to skip this recipe, because you can make it on a keto pizza dough as well!
Try these other pizza recipes on Grumpy’s Honeybunch!
- Cheeseburger Pizza
- Steak and Potato Pizza
- Heirloom Tomato Pizza with Pesto Sauce
- Wine Braised Short Rib Keto Pizza
- Pesto Steak and Arugula Pizza
- Easy Sausage Pizza
- BBQ Vegetarian Chicken Pita Pizza
- Curried Butternut Squash Naan Pizza
Chicken Wings: The natural partner to pizza recipes!
Pizza and Wings just naturally go together. Those those words are often said by many people when talking about eating pizza! Here are a few wing recipes you might like to pair with your Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
- Crispy Baked Sweet Hot Chicken Wings
- Sweet Chili Lime Chipotle Wings
- Double-fried Crispy Maple Hot Wings
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings
- Keto Buffalo Wings
Other topping ideas
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Diced or thinly sliced red pepper (or green pepper)
- Chopped green chives
- Add a little sweet to the pizza for that sweet heat touch with a little pineapple to the top! Don’t knock it till ya try it!
- Skip the blue cheese dressing spread and use a thin layer of pizza sauce.
Things you may need to make a pizza recipe
I highly recommend the following products.
- While you can use a baking sheet or pizza pan, the best thing to bake a pizza on is a pizza stone.
- You can’t properly cut a pizza without a good pizza cutter!
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3-4 tbsp Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Ken's Chunky Blue Cheese dressing (or your choice of dressing - this is our favorite!)
- 2 cups part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put diced chicken small mixing bowl. Pour red hot sauce and melted butter over top. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Shape dough and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread dressing Blue Cheese Dressing evenly over top pizza crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dressing. Then sprinkle half of the buffalo chicken mixture, and last cup of cheese on top.
- Bake at 450 on pizza stone in bottom of oven until crust starts to brown. Move to middle rack and continue to cook until browned nicely all over (crust and topping)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles if desired then cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with a side of blue cheese dressing and celery sticks if desired.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 49mgSodium 1140mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 21g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.