Sweetened with just pure Maple Syrup and 1 tablespoon sugar in the topping, this Maple Walnut Banana Bread has great flavor buried in a slightly sugared walnut topping. Amazing texture and taste, you need this on your “banana bread recipe to make next” list!
It was time to do something with my bananas that were getting close to being very over ripe! At first I thought I would make Cherry Coconut Banana Pecan Loaf but instead I wanted to make a bread with maple and walnuts. Grumpy loves his banana bread, but he also wants walnuts in it if I make it!
The only sweetener in this bread is a half cup of pure maple syrup. Being a girl brought up around the “real deal” this is a hit for me!
Just look at the texture of this loaf! It is so moist and all this without the use of sour cream!
Before I go today I want to share with you one of my favorite photos of Chris and Chubby. Chubby will not sit on my lap. He will only sit on Grumpy or Chris’ lap. When Chris lived with us Chubby slept with him every single night! Now Chris makes sure to give Chubby some special attention when he visits! I think the only time Chubby ever got in my lap on his own purpose was when Peabody died. Otherwise, he never wants to be a lap kitty with me! :o(
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas, leaving a few small chunks. Stir in the maple extract and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir into the banana mixture until just moistened. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Mix the nuts and sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake 50 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling. When completely cool, slice and serve.
Total Carbs: 33.1g, Fiber: 1.2g, Protein: 3.5g
PIN IT – Maple Walnut Banana Bread