Baked Red Snapper with Garlic Topping is an easy oven baked dinner recipe that is ready in just 20 minutes! These whole fish filets are seasoned with a little Cajun seasoning, parsley, and garlic sauce, then lightly breaded with breadcrumbs and drizzled with melted butter before baking.
When you are looking for a delicious weeknight dinner that will add some healthy and delicious fish to your diet, then this Baked Red Snapper with Garlic is exactly what you are looking for!
To make this recipe you will need Red Snapper Fish Fillets, butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, fresh parsley, chives, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Where this baked red snapper recipe originated from
This recipe is courtesy of my longtime online friend Jamie. I have never met Jamie in person, our relationship is that of
When Grumpy and I were headed on our first ever cruise, Jamie agreed to share this recipe with my readers. As a result, It has turned out to be one of my top 10 visited recipes of all time on my blog! So, I thank Jamie enthusiastically for her contribution that continues to bring visitors to my site on a daily basis.
What is Red Snapper?
Red Snapper is a mild-flavored fish that has a meaty, firm texture. Due to this, you may enjoy it grilled, baked, broiled, blackened or fried. The recipe I am sharing today is a simple and delicious baked fish recipe. The bread topping and garlic butter sauce go so well with the fish.
Tips for a successful recipe
- Have all your ingredients in place before beginning assembly. Hence, this will make it easy to move from step to step smoothly.
- If your red snapper fillets are thin, reduce your cooking time. Begin checking your baked red snapper after being in the oven for about 7 minutes. You don’t want to overcook your fish as it will dry it out.
- Don’t be afraid to change the seasoning. If you are not into a spicy cajun seasoning, go ahead and use your favorite! Or, just omit the cajun seasoning, it will still be delicious!
- This recipe calls for fresh parsley. If you don’t have this on hand it is easy to substitute dried parsley. Therefore, you may
substituteone teaspoon dried for the fresh.
What to serve with Oven Baked Red Snapper with Garlic Crumb Topping
Side dishes can always be a challenge when serving fish. Because this baked red snapper is a breaded recipe, I recommend a simple vegetable side such as Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms or Balsamic Browned Butter Artichokes.
*If you made this Baked Red Snapper with Garlic Recipe, please leave a star rating*
This Baked Red Snapper with Garlic recipe is made with the fillets seasoned with a little Cajun seasoning with parsley, garlic and breadcrumbs. Drizzled with melted butter and baked to perfection. Easy dinner recipes like this make your weeknights a whole lot easier to deal with.
- 8 ounces red snapper fillets (about 2-3 fillets)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Creole or Cajun Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp snipped fresh chives optional
- 4 tbsp plain or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese freshly grated (optional)
- Place snapper fillets in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. In a skillet, melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole/Cajun seasoning, pepper, parsley and chives, if using.
- Cook on low for 2 minutes to blend flavors. Brush both sides of fish fillets with the butter and herb mixture. Toss bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over the fillets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets, until fish flakes easily and is no longer translucent.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Pampered Chef New Improved Garlic Press
- AmazonBasics Glass Oblong Baking Dishes - 2-Pack
- Cajun Style Seasoning By Penzeys Spices 2.1 oz 1/2 cup jar
- M KITCHEN WORLD Silicone Basting | BBQ | Pastry | Oil Brush (Orange) | Turkey Baster | Barbecue Utensil use for Grilling & Marinating - Desserts Baking | Set of 2 with 2 Recipe Electronic Books
Serving Size1/4th of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 59mgSodium 571mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 17g
Nutrition information calculated as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.