Last week I was contacted by Omaha Steaks asking me if I would like to try and review their product. Of course, I said yes! Omaha Steaks has a good reputation for great flavor and tender meat. They also have an unconditional guarantee that if your not absolutely thrilled with your purchase for any reason at all, they will either replace your product or refund your money!
I received my package on Wednesday and on Thursday we had Filet Mignon(1.50 lb) for dinner! Grumpy’s words were “this meat could melt in your mouth.” We definitely enjoyed the product and will most likely purchase it ourselves in the near future for our special occasions. (although Christmas is here, I’m already thinking towards Feb 14!)
Now, I have a gift for one (1) of you from Omaha Steaks! They are providing a $50 certificate as a holiday contest. The requirements for entering are:
- you must follow Omaha Steaks on Twitter (@Omaha_steaks) and ReTweet the contest details using: #OmahaHoliday Win a $50 Certificate from @Omaha_steaks and @GrumpyshoneyB for more details visit https://tinyurl.com/ydas2sx
- you must be a FREE subscriber to HoneyB’s recipe e-club.
- Get FREE Subscriber-only Recipes delivered to your e-mail inbox.
- Be eligible for Subscriber-only drawings for great free items
- Receive my e-Book “HoneyB’s 7 Holiday Favorites” (will automatically be sent to you after you confirm your subscription – if this does not happen, let me know)
To subscribe, in the upper right hand corner of my page you will see a link to click that will take you to my subscription page.
var hide_awf_Form = true;
Giveaway will end Sunday, December 20th at midnight (EST).
There have been some exciting changes going on in the background of The Life & Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch and over the next few weeks you will see it begin to come to life. The monthly recipe-club and e-book are only just the beginning!
Instructions on how I made the filet mignon pictured at the top of post:
- Preheat skillet in 375 degree oven.
- Remove skillet from oven and place steaks (seasoned with salt & pepper) on hot skillet and sear on medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place skillet back in 375 degree oven and set timer for 7-9 minutes for medium rare. Ours went for the 9 minutes.
- Remove steaks from oven, place on plate covered loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place skillet back on stove and pour in 2 cups beef broth (you could also use red wine). Add 4 oz gourmet mushrooms and cook with broth until broth is reduced to about half. Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and stir into broth until melted. Serve over top of filet mignon.