This Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe is like oversized chicken fingers stuffed with a blue cheese and sour cream mixture. It is a keto friendly recipe that uses coconut flour and ground pork rinds for the breading. The Buffalo Sauce is drizzled over top just before serving to give it that final flavor touch!
When you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner to put together, but also for something that has that “take out flavor” then this recipe for Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce is exactly what you need! It is ready in just 40 minutes and all you need is a tossed salad with some keto Thousand Island Salad Dressing to top it off.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Why I love Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce
Because Grumpy loves boneless wings, I thought that this normal sized chicken breast would be a cool way to add the buffalo sauce and blue cheese and make a complete dish.
What you need to make this recipe
I am the kind of person that will make due with what I have for equipment. I also will own the same piece of equipment for years and years! So, when I do recommend something, it is normally because I already own and utilize it. And, a lot of the times, what I recommend isn’t anything fancy!
For this recipe, the necessary equipment that I utilized were the following:
How to make Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce
This delicious chicken recipe has only 5 net carbs per serving. It is coated in ground pork rinds, pan seared, and oven finished. Just before serving, it is drizzled with a delicious blended buffalo sauce.
I like to start by preparing the blue cheese stuffing for the chicken breast. Once the stuffin is combined, I will set it aside and prepare the dipping ingredients.
I will set up 3 different bowls for dipping purposes. One bowl will contain coconut flour, another will have an egg wash, and the final will have pork rind crumbs. I found my canister of Pork Rind Crumbs right on Amazon, where it is very affordable and so much easier than making my own!
I slice the chicken with a sharp knife to create a slit in the thickest part of the meat. Next, I fill the chicken breast with the blue cheese stuffing. Once the stuffing is in the chicken, I will dip in the following order: Coconut Flour, Egg Wash, Pork Rinds.
I place the breaded chicken on a plate and prepare my skillet for cooking the meat. The skillet should be brought to a medium high temperature and then the avocado oil can be added. When you place the chicken in the skillet, it should sizzle. I cook each chicken breast for 4 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and then place the skillet in the oven to finish.
Making the Buffalo Sauce
While the chicken is in the oven, I make the buffalo sauce. In a saucepan, I place the butter, brine, diced red pepper, and buffalo sauce. Then, as the butter melts, I whisk it well and bring it to a simmer. The butter and sauce should emulsify and turn a light red color. Next, turn the heat off and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
After the buffalo sauce has cooled, I place the sauce in my NutriBullet and blend the sauce until smooth. I do this because I don’t want a chunky sauce. If you don’t mind the pieces of roasted red pepper in your sauce, then you can skip the step of blending the sauce.
The chicken should be done after 20 minutes in the oven. However, I still check the internal temperature with my instant read thermometer to be sure. The chicken breasts temperature should be.measured at the thickest part of the chicken breast, and should indicate 170 degrees.
Finally, I will place the chicken on a serving plate and drizzle with buffalo sauce. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro for the finishing touch!
What to serve with Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken
A great simple side salad is pretty much all you need to complete this delicious chicken recipe. If you want a dessert, my go to recipe is Keto Coconut Cupcakes. They have that citrusy flavor from the Lime Buttercream that is absolutely delicious and a perfect final touch to this meal.
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds Chicken Breasts (approximately 4 smaller or 2 large breasts)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup ground pork rinds
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped drained bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tsp liquid from roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff cheese mixture evenly into pockets.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine milk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken breast half at a time, dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and panko.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Arrange chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; place skillet in oven. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until done.
- While chicken bakes, combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, bell peppers, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook until butter melts. Remove from heat, and stir in hot sauce. Serve sauce with chicken.
Serving Size:1 chicken breast and 4 tsp sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 925mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g