Peanut butter and chocolate are a pair that just belongs together! This Peanut Butter Oreo Frosting combines creamy peanut butter frosting with crushed Oreo cookies to give it a creamy, crunchy irresistible texture and flavor!
There is something about me and being late for birthdays. I rarely seem to remember in enough time to give a happy birthday wish on time! It is about the only thing I am ever late for though, I promise you that! My friend Theresa had a birthday recently. But since it was a weekend (and Theresa is my work friend) then she is being wished happy birthday today and will be receiving these yummy cupcakes. Happy Birthday Theresa! Hope it was great and hope you enjoy the cupcakes! I’m pretty sure she will forgive me for being late to the party when she takes a bite of these moist chocolate cakes frosted with Peanut Butter Oreo Frosting! The cupcake I made was my Nanny’s Mayonnaise Cupcakes which is my go to chocolate cupcake recipe.
What combinations or mix in’s would you add to this peanut butter frosting to make it special?
Peanut Butter Oreo Frosting
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- 4 peanut butter filled Oreo cookies, cream removed and wafer part of the cookie crushed (set both aside – cream and cookie crumbs will be used in the frosting)
- Extra Oreo cookies for decorating, cut in half
- With electric hand mixer, blend butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add confectioner sugar 1/2 cup at a time, blending until completely blended each time. Add the cream from the cookie and blend well. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is the creamy consistency that you like. Fold in 1/2 of the cookie crumbs. Decorate & enjoy!