Garlic Shrimp with Spinach and Vermicelli is a Weight Watcher’s recipe with a cheesy sauce tossed with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. It is fresh, fast, and only 9 weight watcher points for your entire meal!
Lately I eat a lot of yogurt and fruit, mini bagels, veggie sausage and the new Weight Watcher’s Jalapeno cheese spread (triangles like the laughing cow). I tend to get an iced coffee or my new favorite in the hotter temps, a Starbuck’s Mocha Frappuccino Light over my lunch break.
You will love this Weight Watcher’s Recipe for Garlic Shrimp with Spinach and Vermicelli! Be sure to pin it!
Later, if I’m hungry, I fix myself a garden veggie burger with lots of pickles and ketchup or Archer Farms Cherry Almond Oatmeal – that stuff is SO good! When I get home, Grumpy and I head to Planet Fitness to exercise and by the time we get home it’s late so I don’t feel like cooking any type of meal that calls for lot of kitchen clean up. So, we usually end up with something like Easy Sausage Pizza or BBQ Vegetarian Chicken Pita Pizza.
Recently I found a Weight Watcher’s booklet for 15 minute recipes. Since Grumpy and I were home at dinner time for once and since I hadn’t really cooked what you can call a real meal in a few days, I decided to make the shrimp and pasta dish that Grumpy thought looked yummy. The house smelled wonderful of garlic and butter and seafood!
This recipe is definitely a keeper. Next time I may add some grated parmesan cheese and even a little dried red pepper flake to add some heat! Overall, this is a delicious, quick and easy recipe for busy weekday suppers!!
Garlic Shrimp with Spinach and Vermicelli is a light meal with a cheesy garlicky sauce tossed with some spinach and sun dried tomatoes. The flavor from the sun dried tomatoes is absolutely delicious and absolutely my favorite ingredient in this recipe!
- 5 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1-1/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Break pasta in half and cook according to package directions. Place spinach and tomatoes in a colander.
- While pasta cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- When pasta is done cooking, pour pasta and cooking liquid over spinach mixture in colander. Toss with tongs until spinach wilts. Add to shrimp mixture along with remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and lemon juice. Toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
9 Weight Watcher Points
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 316mgSodium: 1820mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g