This Pasta Salad is enrobed in a Creamy Parmesan Dressing and tossed with sun-dried tomatoes, freshly blanched asparagus, and corn. Adding Parmesan cheese to the mayonnaise and sour cream dressing adds another level of flavor! The rotini pasta catches the dressing and bits of parmesan cheese between its curls. And, as a result, you have a burst of delicious flavor in every single bite of salad!
So fresh and delicious, this pasta salad is perfect for any gathering, no matter what time of year it may be. And, you will be guaranteed that you will be asked for this recipe over and over again!
Grumpy is a huge fan of macaroni salad. He loves the version with tuna and peas the most. He also loves my Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad recipe. However, the day I made this, I wanted something different that had a fresh twist.
While looking through the food network magazine one afternoon, I came across a mix and match pasta salad section. The combination of flavors from the sun-dried tomatoes to the freshly blanched vegetables sounded tasty. So, I decided I needed to try it!
It might seem like this pasta salad takes longer to prepare, but that is not the case. As a matter of fact, I have a little tip to share with you that made making this salad a whole lot easier!
Tips for a tasty Pasta Salad
- Be sure to use fresh vegetables and blanch them first. This gives the salad a super fresh taste!
- Using half mayonnaise and half light sour cream adds to the freshness of the dish and lightens it up some.
- Dried parmesan cheese will work better than freshly grated.
How to strip the corn from the cob
- Place the corn, stem side down on a sturdy cutting board.
- Holding the top end of the corn, using a sharp knife, start at the top and cut downward using a sawing motion.
- Continue to cut down the ear of corn until all kernels have been removed from the cob.
Tips for preparing the Pasta Salad
- Cook your rotini first, remove it with a slotted spoon and place in a strainer.
- Rinse with cold water to stop it from cooking.
- Add the asparagus to the hot water. Then, cook for 3 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and shock with ice cold water
- Next, blanch the corn for 4 minutes in the same hot pasta water. Remove corn with tongs and shock with ice cold water.
- Same boiling water, same pot, less mess!
BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad
This pasta salad has it all, BBQ, ranch, tomatoes, avocados, corn and more! It's perfect for picnics, BBQs, potlucks and more!Continue Reading
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
The flavor of this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is completely and totally addicting! The tang and bite of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce come through with the toothsome pasta and has an absolutely amazing flavor!Continue Reading
This Antipasto Salad is perfection! Its loaded with flavorful Italian meats, cheese, olives and veggies, perfect for summer picnics!Continue Reading
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
Everyone’s favorite hard boiled egg appetizer meets creamy pasta salad in this fun combo of Deviled Egg Pasta Salad. It’s the best dish, bound for your next barbecue- and it’s epic.Continue Reading
For the Salad:
- 1/2 lb dried fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, cut into thin strips
- 2 ears fresh corn on the cob, blanched, cold shocked and stripped from cob
- 1 lb asparagus, blanched, cold shocked, and cut into bite sized pieces
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water. Prep your veggies and mix into pasta. Set aside to combine dressing. Combine dressing ingredients and fold into pasta mixture. Chill, serve, & enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/8 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 324mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 8g