Part of what makes this salad is so special are the blanched corn and asparagus. It gives the salad a super fresh taste. Also, instead of using all mayonnaise I used half mayonnaise and half light sour cream. While you can use freshly grated parmesan, I think its best with the dried parmesan you buy on the shore shelf.
TIP: Cook your pasta first, remove the pasta with a slotted spoon and place pasta in strainer and rinse with cold water to stop it from cooking. You then will blanch your asparagus for 3 minutes in the hot pasta water, shock with ice cold water, and then blanch the corn for 4 minutes and shock with ice cold water. Same boiling water, same pot, less mess!
Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing has a ton of flavor and a fresh touch from blanched corn on the cob and asparagus. The tang of sun-dried tomatoes adds another level of flavor. I promise if you share this version of a pasta salad this summer, everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
- 1/2 lb dried pasta (I used Fusilli)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato, cut into thin strips
- 2 ears corn, blanched, cold shocked and stripped from cob
- 1 lb asparagus, blanched, cold shocked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water. Prep your veggies and mix into pasta. Set aside to combine dressing.
- Combine dressing ingredients and fold into pasta mixture. Chill, serve, & enjoy!
Carbs 35g, Fiber 4g, Protein 11g. Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal. Please use your own discretion when using.