I can always count on Dawn to have some amazing food ideas and recipes. Last night I asked my Facebook friends for different picnic side dishes than the norm. Grumpy and I are heading to the Saratoga Race Track today to attend an event sponsored by his workplace and we are to bring a dish to share.
Of course, Grumpy wants me to impress and he suggested I take something different from the normal macaroni or pasta salad. Here came Dawn to the rescue along with several other awesome ideas from other FB friends. I flew with Dawn’s because I love buffalo flavor and I have an addiction to Frank’s Red Hot sauce. Just the smell of it makes me swoon!
I made the salad first thing this morning along with a Chocolate Sheet Cake. I had to be safe and have something else ready that was tried and true just in case I messed up the salad! If you need a different pasta salad to take to a reunion, picnic, or just to eat at home alone, then definitely give this a try. Especially if you’re a wing fan. It’s not too spicy, has just a bit of a kick, and is different enough to impress!
If you haven’t seen Dawn’s blog, Vanilla Sugar Blog, then you should definitely take a trip over there and check it out. She always has amazing food, photos, and recipes. I also have to say she has recipes that are out of the ordinary that will blow you away and make you think “why didn’t I think of that?”.
BUFFALO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD – PIN IT!
The flavor of this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is completely and totally addicting! The tang and bite of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce comes through with the toothsome pasta and has an absolutely amazing flavor!
- 8 oz dried rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, including green top
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Brine, (the juice the peppers are in)
- 2 tbsp Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Mix pasta, celery, onion, roasted red pepper and chicken in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together Mayonnaise, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper brine and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Toss mayo mixture with pasta mixture and chill. Enjoy!
Fat 12g, Carb 11g, Fiber 1, Protein 4
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/12 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g