Creamy Mint Chocolate Truffles made with only 4 ingredients just a little bit of time! This festive candy is a great holiday gift or a nice addition to your treat platter for the holidays!
I was making my caramel sauce (post coming soon) on Thanksgiving morning when I happened to look a little more through my Cooking Light Holiday Cookbook and came across the recipe for these truffles. Since I had to stay in the kitchen to keep a close eye on the caramel sauce anyway, I decided to pull out the ingredients for these truffles and try my hand at making them.
I was a little nervous at first because the recipe called for blending cream cheese into melted mint chocolate chips. For some reason I was fearful the warm chocolate would melt the cream cheese (but it didn’t). These were the easiest truffles I have ever made. No melty chocolate on my hands from rolling them into balls which made me a very happy camper. I don’t like messes, I admit, I am a prissy baker. Getting dirty is not something I like to do!
These will become a go to candy for me to make for the holidays. What is your go to candy recipe? I would love to have you share your thoughts in my comments!
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3 less fat reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- variety of melted chocolates/sprinkles to decorate
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, stir and then microwave another 30 seconds. Repeat until chips are melted (shouldn’t take more than a minute to minute and half). Add softened cream cheese to the chocolate chips and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 package (16 oz) powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
- Turn truffle mixture into baking dish and press into a square. Cover with more plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill up to one hour.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator, cut into squares (I cut into 48 small squares) and roll into balls. Coat with cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or sprinkles. Store in refrigerator and take out at least 10 minutes prior to serving.