Last week I had the Lean Cuisine Thai Chicken and Noodles frozen meal for lunch a couple of days. I loved it so much that the second day, when I went to the store to get it for lunch, I didn’t even care that it wasn’t on sale. That is a sign of a good meal! I am so addicted to anything that has peanut sauce and pasta that I started thinking that I could make something similar and I could probably even make it better.
I will definitely make this again but next time I will leave the chicken off my plate. Grumpy can have it all. I’d rather have some crispy tofu coated with that yummy sauce. The frozen meal doesn’t have cilantro or heat (at least if its in there I couldn’t tell) but it is still really good. Maybe a little sweeter than this one though. In any case, its a great frozen meal to have on hand to take to work for lunch!
So now I have two versions of peanutty noodles that I can enjoy. The Lean Cuisine one – for those days I need my fix and don’t have the time and my homemade version. Grumpy enjoyed the dish also. He pretty much is happy when I make anything with pasta. I’ve been using the Dreamfield pasta since we found out about his diabetes. I’m not really certain if it makes a difference but it certainly tastes great.
This is my submission to this week’s Presto Pasta Nights. I missed it last week, and believe me, it was not on purpose. I just didn’t have an inspirational night last week when it came to pasta. So, I am happy to be able to submit this week! If your interested in joining in this week, you still have time. You can get the information for submission on the Presto Pasta Night’s webpage.
Thai Coconut Noodles with Pan Seared Tilapia – Life Currents
A Thai inspired recipe that is full of flavor with chicken, peanut sauce, and noodles!
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fresh ginger
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 2 scallions including green tops, chopped
- Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a medium shallow glass, dish mix together the 3 tablespoons soy sauce, the 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon of oil, the garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Let marinate at least 10 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until just done following package instructions, drain and set aside until ready to assemble.
- While pasta is cooking mix peanut sauce and cook chicken. Place peanut butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds. Remove peanut butter from microwave and whisk in 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons lime juice, broth, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick deep skillet over moderate heat. Stir-fry the chicken until browned and just done; 4 to 5 minutes. Add carrots and scallions and stir fry one minute more. Add the peanut sauce to the chicken and scallions and stir to coat. Add pasta and toss with tongs to coat with sauce.
- Top with the chopped peanuts and cilantro if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 1495mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g