This low carb recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup is so easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes! Shiritake Noodles take the place of pasta in this soup, giving you a lower carbohydrate noodle with a toothsome texture. You can now enjoy this keto friendly recipe and your noodles too!
Sometimes you just feel like you want soup. You want comfort and you want to feel good. That is what chicken noodle soup does for me! I won’t eat soup out of a can. While it may work for Grumpy, it does not work for me.
I roasted a whole chicken not long ago and when we were cleaning up the kitchen Grumpy mentioned that I should make soup with what was left over. Funny he should say that because I was thinking the same thing.
If you haven’t tried Shiratake Noodles out yet, then you are definitely missing out. While they are made with tofu and have a slightly unpleasant odor when you open the package, don’t let that deter you! You rinse the noodles well before you add them to your recipe to help eliminate the odor.
I used chicken breast that I had pre-cooked. However, you can cook your chicken pieces before you cook your veggies or you can use rotisserie chicken. I have also bought pre-chunked chicken from Trader Joe’s that works well in this recipe.
This soup makes a good healthy serving of 1-1/2 cups per person. However, if your really hungry, double up. You will still be under 500 calories for a huge bowl of this soup!
Be sure to Pin and Share Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – Keto Friendly Recipe!
Time-saving tips for making quick, easy, and delicious homemade chicken noodle soup!
- Buy your mirepoix pre-diced (find it in the produce section).
- Buy a rotisserie chicken and use the left-overs in the soup.
- If you aren’t counting carbs and want regular noodles, try buying fresh pasta in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
This low carb recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup is so easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes! Shiritake Noodles take the place of pasta in this soup, giving you a lower carbohydrate noodle with a toothsome texture. You can now enjoy this keto friendly recipe and your noodle too!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large Carrot, thinly sliced
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups Chicken, cooked and diced
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 8 oz shirtake noodles
- In a large pot melt butter over medium high heat. When bubbly add carrots, celery, mushrooms, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, and thyme.
- Cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Turn heat down to low and cover vegetable mixture with lid. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and broth. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, remove noodles from package and place in colander. Rinse noodles well.
- Add noodles to soup and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 35 mins Total time: 45 mins Yield: 6 servings
Net Carbs = 5
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1-1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g