It’s a Secret. There’s a recipe involved and there is a club consisting of so many food bloggers involved that there has to be four groups of us! It’s time for my group’s Secret Recipe Club reveal!
I was lucky enough to receive Isabelle, author of Crumb: A Food Blog this month. Isabelle has been blogging for a long time now….she’s been blogging before I knew food blogs existed 🙂 Since 2006! So, as you can imagine, I had a lot of fun going through her back catalogue. After spending several hours reading and pondering over what I wanted to make I finally decided on something I knew I wouldn’t eat all by myself in one sitting and would be able to share with my coffee loving friends! Isabelle has a recipe for Cappuccino Biscotti. I am a huge coffee lover and while I thought her flavors sounded awesome, since I was making these when it was near St. Patrick’s Day, I went with one of my most favorite flavors: Irish Cream! I also had some assorted white and chocolate coated coffee beans that I used along with some of the white chocolate M&M’s (chopped slightly because they are big!). Dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with some pastel colors and I had a spring like biscotti! I’ll be back to Isabelle’s blog, mostly because there are two recipes there I hope to make soon. One is a new on that she’s posted since I did all my searching, Red Lentil Patties with Spicy Tomato Jam – just the title makes my mouth water, Chorizo Hash, and Vietnamese Caramel Shrimp. Gotta try those SOON!
Inspired and Adapted from Crumb: A Food Blog – Coffee Break: Cappuccino Biscotti
Crisp coffee and chocolate biscotti spiked with Irish Cream Liquor.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate coated coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup white chocolate M&M's, chopped
- 3 room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream Liquor
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl (flour through M&M's). Set aside.
- Melt butter in the microwave - approximately 40 seconds, until almost melted but not bubbly hot. Let cool for 1 minute, then whisk in Irish Cream Liquor and eggs. Whisk until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour liquid mixture into center of well and stir until most of the dry ingredients have mixed in. Turn out onto the lightly floured surface and knead 8-10 times until dough comes together. Divide into quarters.
- Shape each section into a log shape, squeezing together and flattening until desired thickness. I made these a little smaller than I normally do - about 1 inch thick if that.
- Place the log on cookie sheet spacing each log about 2 inches apart. You may need to use two cookie sheets if you don't have one large enough for the spacing. Whisk together egg and almond milk and brush tops and sides of biscotti liberally. Bake in oven approximately 20 minutes, or until log feels firm to the touch and looks dry.
- Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes, until just cool enough to handle. Once cooled, cut each log crosswise in a diagonal shape approximately 1/2" thick. Line up on cookie sheet cut side down and return to oven. Cook for 10 minutes, remove the cookie sheet and turn biscotti over. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.