Last week I shared the awesome recipe for Buffalo-Style Stuffed Eggs with you. This week I am sharing a traditional recipe that I found on all recipes.com – only with a slightly different twist (for me anyway). We ended up going next door on Easter Sunday to our neighbor’s house and I took these eggs. I don’t know too many people who don’t enjoy deviled eggs! Since this is slightly different to me from how mom always made them I decided that I should share this with you – and the difference with these eggs would be there is sugar and vinegar in them. I went with monkfruit instead of sugar Have you made eggs this way?
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, halved and yolks removed
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp monk fruit
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Place eggs in a pot of cold water, bring them to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, turn the heat off and let them sit covered for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and run cold water over top and add a couple of scoops of ice to water to chill quicker. Once eggs are cool, you can peel them.
- Halve eggs and place whites on serving platter.
- Mash egg yolk and mix well with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, monkfruit, and rice vinegar.
- Garnish and chill until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 207mgSodium 130mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 7g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.