Spicy sausage with a chicken broth base, a taste of wine, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese tortellini - delicious mixture!
- 1 (16 ounce) package al fresco® All Natural Jalapeno Chicken Sausage
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 18 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1-1/2 cups fresh red tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves
- Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp of oil to coat and saute chicken sausage until browned and internal heat is 165 degrees. Remove from pan and slice into small pieces and set aside.
- While your sausage is cooking, mince your garlic cloves. Heat remaining oil in pan, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then add tortellini.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and then stir in spinach and tomato. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Return sauteed sausage pieces to the soup, cook for an additional 5 minutes.