I never thought I would post or much less like to eat a recipe similar to what I am posting today. This type of recipe never has appealed to me in the past. I’m not sure why, maybe because I’m more of an “asian flavor” girl. However, +Allrecipes.com has a lot of “faceless recipes” out there on their site and this happened to be one of them. Two reasons why this one hit my “make list”.
First of all, I bought these habanero wraps from Trader Joes recently and when I bought them, I truly had no idea what I was going to do with them. Then, I was looking at some recipes that could be made from allrecipes that had no photos with them and it hit me, why don’t I just try this recipe with the habanero tortillas and take them to work to share instead of cookies?
So, that I did. I have never seen anything disappear so quickly in my entire life. Seriously people. Less than 20 minutes and the plate was empty! I guess I was very wrong to never make something like this before! I was even informed (jokingly) to come back today with more. lol So, let this be your 5 star rating AR….everyone LOVED them and several asked me what I put in them. Here we go!
- 1 – 8 ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa (I used Sabra)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sriachi sauce
- 1/4 cup each chopped green, red, and yellow sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 tortillas – use any flavor you wish!
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and seasonings together in a small bowl until smooth. Stir olives, peppers, and Cheddar cheese into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of cream cheese mixture onto each tortilla. Roll each tortilla like a jelly roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. Cut into 1-inch slices.