Sometimes a girl gets real lucky, like I did tonight! I had this jumbo shrimp that I needed to cook. I wanted something with a spicy kick to it, something that was quick and something that was easy. I wasn’t sure what I would do but when I got home, I opened up Pinterest and what was the very first pin I saw? Yes, it was this New Orlean’s BBQ Shrimp recipe. I clicked on the photo and it took me to Epicurious.
I went to my cupboard and made sure I had all the ingredients and got busy making my dinner! The only thing I didn’t have was some crusty bread to go with, but that in all honesty wasn’t a terrible thing for me since I don’t need those carbs anyway!
This was certainly a yummy shrimp dish and I will definitely be making it again. It had the right amount of heat for me and was so easy to do! The only thing I did differently was use creole seasoning instead of cajun. I’m not sure how much different the two are but I’ve a feeling not that much! If you love a little spicy saucy heat with your shrimp, this is definitely a dish to try!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 Tbsp creole or cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ounces clam juice
- 4 ounces beer
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 cup hot sauce (I used Franks)
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Toss shrimp with creole seasoning.Heat the olive oil in a hot skillet. Add the garlic and cook and stir until golden, about 3 minutes.Add the shrimp and cook until they turn bright pink, about 1 minute. Remove from hot pan and set aside.Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in butter. Add shrimp and toss. Cooking about 2 minutes more.Serve with a crusty bread to sop up the yummy juices if desired!