A sunny Sunday morning. Grumpy, on a rare occasion, had to work all weekend. I was slightly lost because I’m usually making a waffle breakfast on Sunday. I wanted something to eat so I went to the pantry and saw the Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal box. Problem was, I’m not a huge cereal fan and I did not feel like cereal. Then I remember that when I bought groceries the day before I had bought strawberries. A thought formed in my head and I came up with these Strawberry Yogurt Muffins.
I love how the sunshine and the cheeriness of these muffins make me feel so happy 🙂 While today wasn’t as warm as yesterday, the sun shone bright. The kitties hung out at the sliding glass door, soaking up the heat and watching the birdies. It was a feel good day and these muffins contributed to it. I also love that these muffins are low-carb, low-sugar, and low calorie!
These wonderful spring-y muffins also are only 3 WW Points Plus. Have a couple with your cup of coffee in the morning and your still good for your meal points!
These were not hard to make at all. One bowl, mix the wet ingredients, stir in the dry, then add the berries and voila, pretty, tasty muffins! 🙂 This is definitely a recipe you will want to try to welcome in the spring!
Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
By Shelby Law Ruttan
Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal make these low carb, low sugar muffins “special!”
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt (unflavored, unsweetened)
- 4 cups Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Special K Fruit and Yogurt Cereal, crushed, for topping
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Mix canola oil, splenda, eggs, almond milk, greek yogurt and vanilla together until incoroporated.
- Stir in the 4 cups of Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal, white whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Add fresh strawberries and stir lightly until strawberries are mixed throughout batter.
- Line 2-12 cup muffin tin pans with cupcake liners. Scoop using large cookie scoop (mine measures about 1/3 cup) into muffin tins. Sprinkle with crushed cereal.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
Yield: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
- Calories: 115.8
- Fat: 5.6 grams
- Totalcarbs: 14.6
- Dietaryfiber: 1.4
- Protein: 3.3
Tags: strawberries, muffins, breakfast, brunch, low carb, low sugar, muffins