- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® cooking oil
- 1 large scallion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Adobo seasoning
- 2 tomatillos, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Avocado slices
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Season cubed chicken with Adobo seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken, onions, garlic powder, chili powder, chipotle chili powder and cumin. Saute 3-5 minutes to brown the meat.
- Add enough water to barely cover chicken. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer an additional 15 -20 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Combine chopped tomatillos, tomatoes, cilantro and juice of 1/2 lime in small bowl.
- Place equal amounts of chicken on each tortilla. Top with salsa and avocado if desired.