Today I’m sharing with you my version of Bang Bang Chicken with Quinoa, a quick and easy, healthy chicken stir-fry with an amazing sweet and
spicy bang bang sauce made with Sriracha, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, honey, vinegar, and mayonnaise. You could also use Greek yogurt instead of the
mayonnaise. It is served over high protein, gluten-free quinoa instead of rice. If you have never tried quinoa, I highly recommend it. You cook it
the same way you cook rice, yet it has more protein than rice and no gluten. Give it a try.
This bang bang sauce was so awesome that I ate about a third of it before adding it to the recipe and had to go back and make some more for the recipe. So you might want to make extra sauce for yourself. You have no idea how hard it was to wait to eat this Bang Bang Chicken while I took photos. This photos almost did not get taken. Luckily I had barely enough willpower to get these photos. However, the minute I saw the photos had turned out, Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I dove into this dish. There were no leftovers.
I can’t tell you if this sauce tastes like the bang bang sauce at Bonefish Grill because I have never been there. However, the nice thing is, since you are making this from scratch, you can adjust the level of spiciness and sweetness to your preference. If you want it spicier add more Sriracha….less spicy, then less Sriracha. If you want it sweeter, add more honey. Not so sweet, use less honey.
However, I can tell you that you will have a delicious, healthy, quick and easy complete dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Don’t expect leftovers. If you want leftovers, I recommend making extra.
Go ahead and make this recipe, and let me know how you liked it.
I want to thank Shelby for this opportunity to guest post. It has been my pleasure to bring you a little taste of Flavor Mosaic!
- 1 cup dry Quinoa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sriacha (adjust to your preferred spice level)
- 1/3 cup Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (increase or decrease depending on how sweet you like)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. (Cooks up just like rice.)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Sriracha, thai sweet red chili sauce, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside. (Try not to eat too much of it now.)
- In a large skillet or wok, over medium high heat, add oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add the 1-inch chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for 4 or 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked chicken to the bang bang sauce and stir until chicken is coated.
- (Optional) If you want to add sliced onions, or red or green bell peppers, add them to the same skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place the quinoa on a serving plate. Optionally, top with sliced onions, and bell peppers, if desired. Then top with the chicken and sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions.