One of the perks of being an allrecipes.com Allstar Ambassador, is I get an issue of the allrecipes magazine. Naturally, I love the website. I’ve belonged to it as an official member since 2004 but had been surfing the site since 2000. That’s a long time, but that is also a good sign of a truly terrific website! In the recent issue there was a recipe for Brazilian Lemonade. I took that recipe and made Coconut Lime Rum Refresher!
**Warning!! You cannot make just 1 recipe of this drink. If you do, then when the first pitcher disappears, much to your chagrin, you will have to go out and make yet another recipe. I suggest you make two pitchers. To save yourself time and mess….and allow for that afternoon siesta that you will likely be feeling like after a couple of drinks!**
- 4 medium limes
- 1 cup Vita Coco Pure Coconut Water
- 1 cup Captain Morgan White Rum
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Wash limes. Cut both ends off lime to remove nubs. Slice 3 of the limes into 8 sections. Slice the 4th lime into circles to add to the serving pitcher.
- Place sectioned limes in blender. Pour in water, rum, and coconut water. Add about 1/2 cup of ice cubes.
- Add sugar and sweetened condensed milk to blender pitcher. Cover and blend well.
- You will have chunks of lime in the drink. Strain the chunks through a fine meshed sieve into serving pitcher. Add more ice and the 4th lime that you sliced into round slices.
COCONUT LIME RUM REFRESHER – PIN IT!