These Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze are full of strawberries with a light and fresh lemon glaze. They are easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes!
Recently I found a little farm stand nearby that sells fresh strawberries! There is nothing more exciting than to see the fresh berries pop onto the market in June! I expect you will see a few strawberry recipes popping up around here in the near future! These Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins are no exception.
I found a recipe over at allrecipes.com and used that as an inspiration in creating this Strawberry Muffin recipe. The recipe on allrecipes was not gluten free, so I decided to try my hand at it and see what I could come up with.
I found that while I do prefer my regular “glutenized” muffins over a gluten free muffin, these were still pretty delicious! The texture on this muffin is a little different than a muffin made with regular flour. If I had to eat gluten free, I would probably not be suffering a whole lot! When making this recipe again, I would increase the eggs to 2 for the added fat and moisture next time so if you try these, I do suggest you do the same! Enjoy!
Pin it! Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze!
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together canola oil, almond milk, agave, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together gluten free flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Using 1/2 cup scoop, place batter in muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin.
- To glaze, mix together confections sugar and lemon juice. Dip tops of muffins in glaze and set to dry.
Fat 8g, Carb 39g, Protein 3g, Fiber 1g.
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246