I recently received some Baby Bok Choi in my goodie box I got from Frieda’s Specialty Produce. When I first got it, I really wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it! Then my friend Renee over at Renee’s Kitchen Adventures told me that she likes to grill hers with an Asian sauce. So it was decided. I was going to grill and make Spicy Grilled Baby Bok Choy!
I have become much better at using the grill lately so I wasn’t quite so afraid to make this recipe. I decided to go to the grill guru and I went searching and found a recipe on Food Network from Bobby Flay. It had sweet chili sauce in it so I knew that was the recipe I was going to use as a guide! I love that sweet heat and the flavor combination sounded exactly like what I was looking for. I had never cooked with baby bok choi before other than to use it in a stir fry so I wasn’t sure how I was going to handle it cooking it. Then I found out from the food network post that you steam the bok choy in the microwave before grilling. How easy is that?
- 1 lb baby bok choy
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Wash and halve baby bok choy lengthwise. Place in a covered microwave safe bowl and microwave 3 minutes.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Remove baby bok choy from microwave and toss with sauce.
- Grill until the bok choy is charred, about 1-2 minutes. Marinate with more sauce as grilling if desired.