I’m such a sucker for a pepper. Especially if it is a hot pepper. I’m also a sucker for bacon. Especially if it is the thick cut bacon, baked in the oven until nice and crispy. Goes great in a BLT and is just as great in this Sweet-Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip!
I have been looking for recipes that I could make for our upcoming open house party. I want finger foods that people can just stand around and enjoy while chatting each other up. I think this Sweet-Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip is definitely a recipe that would fit that bill!
This dip was delicious! The night I tested this recipe, it was basically our dinner. After we returned from visiting friends, Grumpy stood in the kitchen and finished off what was left. It was so yummy to me that I didn’t even bother to use chips, I took a spoon to it for a few bites! Chock full of chopped jalapenos and bacon with some sweet hot pepper jelly mixed in and combined with the salty corn chips – it will definitely be a recipe everyone wants to go home with!
If you like this Jalapeno Popper Dip, you may also like these recipes. Check them out!
|Creamy Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip from Renees Kitchen Adventures|
|Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pizza from Flavor Mosiac|
|Caramelized Onion Dip from Life Tastes Good|
adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced, plus slices to top dip
- 4 slices cooked thick cut bacon, broken into small bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet hot pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cheddar cheese and cream cheese in large mixing bowl. Blend to combine well using hand mixer.
- Stir in Jalapeno peppers, bacon, sweet-hot pepper jelly, and mayonnaise to combine.
- Place in a small casserole dish and decorate with jalapeno slices. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and beginning to brown around the edges.