I received product from Frieda’s Specialty Produce to sample. All thoughts and opinions shared here are my own.
- 2 tall shots white rum
- juice of 1 horned melon
- juice of 1 lime (use two limes if your lime is not very juicy)
- 5-6 mint sprigs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Scoop fruit from melon. Mash fruit to bring out as much juice as possible. Remove the seeds if you wish, but I didn’t.
- In a shaker, muddle your mint and sugar to bring out the essence of the mint.
- Add ice to the shaker and then add the rum, melon juice and lime juice. Shake well and serve.
- To use the melons for your cups, just cut the melon in half when your are ready to scoop the fruit out. Once the fruit is scooped, press a few paper towels into the melon halves to dry the cup. Or, serve in little martini glasses 🙂