I received compensation in conjunction with a sponsored social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I love finding simple, tasty, and healthy recipes that also don’t take up more than 30 minutes in the kitchen for our weeknight meals. I try to buy ingredients that are on the healthier side and making a conscious effort to make our meals more diabetic friendly for Grumpy’s sake. For this recipe I wanted to obtain a low fat, low carb and tasty meal and one way to make it so was to use Purdue’s Signature Chicken Stock! This stock has no preservatives, no artificial flavors and it’s made with antibiotic-free chicken. You will find this in the refrigerator section near the fresh-tasting PERDUE® Chicken. I’d say that is pretty healthy and convenient!
Be sure to check out the rest of this weeks #WeekdaySupper posts by following the links below!
Tuesday – Skillet Chicken & Ravioli by MealDiva
Wednesday – Easy Chicken with Stuffed Dumplings by Feed Me, Seymour
Thursday – Moroccan-Style Chicken and Couscous by kimchi MOM
Friday – Chicken with Rosemary Sauce by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Be sure to follow the weekday supper Pinterest board for new recipes all month long! Learn more about PERDUE® Signature Chicken Stock and join the Perdue Crew to get some pretty sweet rewards. You can also follow them on facebook,pinterest, and twitter.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup Perdue Signature Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot pan. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until chicken has browned.
- Add wine, rosemary, and green onions to pan. Return to burner and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly being sure to get all the browned bits.
- Add chicken broth and simmer 2 minutes. Add half and half, cook 2 minutes more or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serves 4.