Its no secret. I love incorporating booze into my food. I love the flavor it brings to your recipes and this Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake is no exception! The homemade cranberry sauce boosted with Amaretto Liquor swirled into this almond flavored creamy baked cheesecake is absolutely to die for!
I have always been a huge fan of almond flavor. As an adult, that love of almond flavor carried over into my love for Amaretto. When I saw Claudia over at What’s Cookin’ Italian Style Cuisine (one of my long time blogging friends and fellow (former) NY’er) had a recipe for Cranberry Amaretto Sauce, I knew I was making it for our Thanksgiving dinner! I used the leftovers from this recipe to incorporate in my cheesecake!
What are some of your favorite Libations? Is it an appetizer, drink, savory, or sweet treat? I would love to know!
A delicious baked cheesecake is swirled with an amaretto cranberry relish before baking, resulting in a delicious dessert worthy of any holiday table.
- 1 package graham crackers (12 sheets in 1 package)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Amaretto Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap the outside bottom of 9″ spring form pan with heavy duty foil.
- Place crackers in food processor and process until fine crumbs are
formed. Add cocoa powder and pulse a few times to combine. Slowly add
melted butter while processor is running on low and process until
combined. Press mixture into bottom of spring form pan coated with
cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place cranberry sauce and water in food processor. Process until smooth.
If mixture is still too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until
mixture is thin enough to swirl into cheesecake.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and cream cheese in large mixing bowl. Mix at medium
speed until smooth. Add in yogurt, vanilla, and almond extract and mix
until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each
- Pour cheesecake mixture over prepared crust. Using a large tablespoon,
spoon cranberry sauce over the filling. With a table knife, drag through
cranberry sauce to swirl into cheesecake batter.
- Place spring form pan into deep baking pan and add hot water to baking
pan to a depth of 3 inches. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or
until center of cheesecake barely moves when pan is touched.
- Turn oven off and cool cheesecake in oven for 3 hours. Remove from oven, run knife around outside edge. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g