Nothing says Christmas more than a tray of cookies and these Chewy Mocha Toffee Chip Cookies
are a super sweet gift to include on your cookie tray. The combination of coffee, chocolate, toffee and pecans is absolute perfection. I would have to say this is my most favorite cookie that I have made this year!
These cookies are huge and anyone you share them with is going to love them. That is why I made this my choice to share this year with the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I first made these when Grumpy’s dad and step mom were visiting. They went over well everyone!
After a little bit of prompting from my good friend Sherri Jo, I decided that this year I would participate in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Last year we were busy in the purchase of our home and I really didn’t have time to think of making and shipping off cookies. I have participated a few other times and it is always fun and exciting to receive notification that someone has received your package as well as receive one yourself. We also had the opportunity to work with a few brands as well as donate to a good cause (Cookies for Kids Cancer). Thank you to OXO and Dixie Crystals for the thank you gifts you sent to me! Thank you also for matching our donations to Cookies for Kids Cancer. While I didn’t get to use my decorating kit on these cookies, I did get to use it on my snowman cookies
This year I had the privilege of sending cookies to Kathi of Laughing Spatula, Sue of It’s OK to Eat the Cupcake, and Elisabeth of Floating Kitchen! I hope you all enjoyed these cookies!
Wouldn’t YOU like to try one of these big yummy cookies? 🙂
Chewy Mocha Toffee Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl with hand mixer at medium speed, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and beat until creamy.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Using hand mixer on low speed, mix in half the flour mixture until combined. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Dough will get a little stiff but is still very workable.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits, and pecan pieces.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop dough using 1/4 cup scoop measure and place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes (longer if needed, cookies should not look wet on top). Remove from cookie sheet and cool on cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Make drizzle by combining powdered sugar and coffee. Add more or less coffee if needed to make smooth enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cooled cookies.