Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Dark Chocolate Candy Wafers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix flour, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mix Crisco, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Mix in vanilla.
- With a mixing spoon, stir in flour mixture.
- Set in refrigerator approximately 1 hour. Portion cookies using small cookie scoop. Roll dough into balls, then roll in granulated sugar. Place sugar coated dough balls on cookie sheet about 1″ apart. Press with tines of a fork to make crisscross design.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 1-2 minutes before moving cookies to cooling rack.
- When cookies have cooled, melt dipping chocolate per package instructions. Dip a portion of the cookie in the chocolate and place cookie on cookie sheet lined with wax paper to cool. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 01 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 30 mins.
Tags: chocolate, Cookies, heart, Love, peanut butter, Valentine,