This Lemon Mascarpone Muffin is simple, delicious and full of lemon and cheese flavor with a tender crumb that is soft but still holds together well. It is a perfect spring morning muffin to serve with your family on a sunny Sunday morning brunch!
Its been awhile since I’ve made a muffin. You may think, well, she just made the Lemon-Strawberry Chia Seed Muffins. Yes, I did post those recently but I can promise you it’s still been a while since I’ve made a muffin! These are the first muffins I have made since I made the Strawberry Chia Seed Muffins. For me, that is a long time. I used to be well known for bringing muffins to the office on a regular basis when I was working at Clarkson. I strayed away from making them when we moved to Albany. Mostly because I had gotten tired of them. Yes, I got tired of muffins. They started to get boring for me.
Lemon Mascarpone Muffins
slightly adapted from Cooking Light
- 7.9 ounces flour (or 1-3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 egg
- yellow sanding sugar (optional)
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- With a hand held mixer, blend the mascarpone cheese, olive oil, lemon rind, lemon extract, lemon juice, and egg together until well blended. Gradually add the water and blend on low until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture and mix with hand mixer until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 18 muffin cups. Sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired. Bake at 375 for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserted into center of muffin.
Yield: 18 muffins
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 16 mins.
Total time: 31 mins.
Tags: lemon, cheese, marscapone, lemon zest, muffins, breakfast, brunch, snack