Spaghetti tossed with clams and shrimp simmered with garlic, onion and sun dried tomato infusing amazing flavor in this lovely Spaghetti with Pinot Grigio and Seafood Italian dish! It is quick and easy and you can have this dinner on your table in less than 30 minutes!
I don’t know how pretty this dish is. I mean, when I compare it to the photo on the Food Network site, I feel very inadequate. The clams I bought had dark shells (I honestly know nothing about clams) and the reason I bought these specific clams was because the only other clams in the store were these humongous ones!
All in all, this was a pretty darn tasty dish. Grumpy was very happy with this meal as he is a huge fan of clams. The recipe is very easy to put together. It was stated on the site (or on Giada’s show, not sure where now) that this didn’t have a lot of sauce to it, but let me tell you, I certainly had enough and I’m a saucy kind of girl! I didn’t have arugula and couldn’t find any so I went with spinach, and that was good enough for me. The flavor was awesome and I would definitely make this dish again. It also stated it served 4 people, but I think that was an understatement! I believe this could easily serve 6! I definitely say this is a dish to try and if you don’t like clams, just add more shrimp!
Spaghetti with Pinot Grigio and Seafood
By slightly adapted from Food Network (Giada DeLaurentis)
Originally published on 03/25/2010
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup Pino Grigio
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pounds clams washed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain Pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until tender but not brown. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add the wine, shrimp, and clams. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the shrimp are pink and the clams have opened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the seafood mixture. Add the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the spinach. Stir gently and place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Pasta, Seafood, shrimp, Clams, sun-dried tomato, garlic, Italian, Quick and Easy,