This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerRealMedleys #CollectiveBias
Mixed Berry Scones are chock full of berries and baked to perfection making your breakfast Breakfast is probably the hardest meal for me to eat. While I do have a lot of breakfast posts, they are mostly from our weekend meals. Weekday breakfast is much tougher. I’m not a person who can eat as soon as I get out of bed. As a matter of fact, I normally don’t start to feel hungry until I’ve been awake about 4 hours, sometimes more! That said, I am a very early riser and am known to be out of bed and exercising by 5 pm!
I find that I need to take breakfast with me to work, something I can sit at my desk and eat that is quick, easy, as well as delicious and filling. I found these New Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups at Walmart in the cold cereal aisle when shopping for items to have on hand that I could keep in my cabinet at work. I grabbed the Strawberry & Almond Granola & Yogurt Blend. I absolutely love almond and I love that this product is filled with real ingredients.You can also find Apple Cinnamon and Raspberry Pecan Yogurt Blend.
I thought it was pretty cool that I could have a shelf stable yogurt where I could add cold skim milk and in just a couple of minutes have this Crunchy. Cool. Yum breakfast right at my desk! I loved how satisfying and delicious it was with 25 whole grains and 10 grams of protein. Getting my protein in for the day is very important to me so this was a really big plus for me!
I decided that I would also make some scones to accompany my morning yogurt treat. While this yogurt is pretty satisfying on its own, its nice to sometimes have a little something else to go with it. I tossed together some fresh strawberries and blueberries with my scone mix and baked them up. I packed them in my trusty carry all container and took them to work with me. Before setting them out for everyone else at work to eat, I grabbed a scone for myself, sat at my desk, opened my yogurt cup, added milk, stirred and enjoyed!
- 1 cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/8 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss strawberries and blueberries with confectioners sugar. Place in freezer until ready to use.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to food processor. Pulse 1-2 times to combine. Cut butter into tablespoon sized pieces and add to flour mixture. Pulse until flour and butter make pea sized pieces, approximately 15 pulses.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Toss in berry mixture. Whisk milk, egg and egg yolk together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and pour in milk mixture. Stir until a dough begins to form, being care to not over stir. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead briefly to bring dough together.
- Shape into a 12×4 rectangle and cut into 4 pieces. Cut those for pieces in half, then cut the halved pieces diagonally. You will have 16 scones. Transfer scones to a baking sheet leaving about an inch between each scone. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While scones are baking, combine melted butter and honey. Remove scones from oven after 18 minutes and brush top of scones with mixture. Return to oven to bake 5 minutes more, until golden brown.
What would you like to pair with your Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cup? I’d love to hear your favorite!