Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls made with a raspberry and rhubarb sauce cooked down with a little sugar and thickened into a very delicious filling for this sweet roll dough! This could be a great brunch item or even dessert for your family table!
One of my favorite summertime treats is rhubarb. I’m sure that is pretty obvious from several posts I have written in the past. If you aren’t a regular reader here but you love rhubarb, you will want to check out some of my other rhubarb recipes!
Grumpy’s favorite fruit is the raspberry. My mom would always be sure to send me home with a few pints of fresh picked raspberries from their garden when I would visit because she knows how much he loves them! For this weeks share, I decided to combine the two and make a sauce. I then used it as a filling for my sweet rolls. I love how moist and delicious these rolls turned out!
When we first moved to the Capitol region, I went on a search for all the local markets. I have always loved shopping at them as well as stopping at local farm stands. My parents are vendor’s at the local farmer’s market back home and I love being able to support people who make a living like my Dad and Mom do. While I miss getting my home grown produce from my parents, I do love places like the Troy Waterfront Farmer’s Market, browsing the pasta stand, the wine vendors, fresh fruit and vegetable tables and especially the bakery table! I’ve been known to buy some local cheese, an iced coffee, and even an occasional cronut while at the market and sit under the trees to enjoy a little bit of all of it!
For this recipe I used rhubarb and raspberries that I had in my freezer. You can use fresh if you have it on hand, it doesn’t make a difference when making the sauce as fresh will still release juices when cooking. Fresh or frozen, the rhubarb you use should be chopped into small pieces to help it break down when cooking. The sauce can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week. What you don’t use in the rolls is great as a topping for your hot oatmeal, on pancakes, or even just spread on a slice of toast!
Be sure to check out all the other Sunday Supper Farm Stand Favorites after the recipe!
Appetizers, Sides and Salads
- 8 Grain Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Farm Fresh Gazpacho by An Appealing Plan
- Farmer’s Market Potato Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fennel and Orange Salad by Feeding Big – and more!
- Gazpacho Shooters with Avocado and Corn Salsa by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Caprese by A Gouda Life
- Grilled Prosciutto Corn by Palatable Pastime
- Peach Caprese Salad by The Joyful Foodie
- Radish Top Pesto by Our Good Life
- Carrot Ravioli with Broccoli-Ricotta Filling by Caroline’s Cooking
- Farmers Market Pizza by Simply Healthy Family
- Farmstand Kebobs with Tahini Dipping Sauce by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gemista (Greek Stuffed Tomatoes) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Halibut with Sugar Snap Peas, Mushrooms and Potatoes en Papillote by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Spaghetti and Zoodles with Vegetable Bolognese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pesto by Tasting Page
- Squash Blossom, Zucchini and Gouda Frittata by FoodieTots
- Sweet Corn Chowder with Crabmeat by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable and Chicken Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Ziti with Bacon and Greens by Cooking Chat
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Food Lust People Love
- Classic Peach Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dairy Free Peach Mango Lassis with Coconut Whipped Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Curd Raspberry Crumb Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Lemon Tart by Brunch with Joy
- Peach Berry Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Biscuits by Food Done Light
- Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Triple Cherry Crisp by Pies and Plots
Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls made with a raspberry and rhubarb sauce cooked down with a little sugar and thickened into a very delicious filling for this sweet roll dough! Ingredients Instructions Notes Carbohydrates: 52g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g. Nutrition information calculated on myfitnesspal. Please use your own discretion as ingredients used will affect nutrition information.
Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls made with a raspberry and rhubarb sauce cooked down with a little sugar and thickened into a very delicious filling for this sweet roll dough!
Carbohydrates: 52g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g. Nutrition information calculated on myfitnesspal. Please use your own discretion as ingredients used will affect nutrition information.