Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread is a delicious lower sugar version of Monkey Bread that is perfect for a weekend brunch, after school snack, or even to pack in your child’s lunch box! Each little bite you get a really nice peanut butter flavor with the slight sweetness of jam making this a really fun to make and eat treat!
It has been a very long time since my children have gone to school but I sure do remember the days when they were in school. What heartbreak it can be to ship them off ! My boys were my life and it got really hard when they went out and started their own life in the real world. That said, I still enjoy being with them to the fullest extent when I can!
My youngest son Christopher and his girlfriend Miriah will be sending Miriah’s little girl off to school shortly. I’m in the process of finishing up shopping today so I can send her something nice to start school with. I’m also putting together a little care package for Chris and Miriah to welcome them to their new home back in North Carolina. It is also their first home together and I’m so happy and proud of them!
I asked Miriah what some of J’s favorite foods were and at the top of the list was peanut butter and jelly. I smiled at that because Grumpy loves a peanut butter and jelly sandwich too!
To make this a healthier version of Monkey Bread, I used minimal sugar when coating the biscuit dough with cinnamon sugar. I also went with the all natural peanut butter and reduced sugar strawberry jam.
A childhood favorite flavor made into a fun Monkey Bread!
- 2 containers (10.5 biscuits ea.), Biscuits Country Style (10ct)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup low sugar strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Cashew milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons 100% Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters then toss with cinnamon sugar mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray cake pan with cooking spray then place 1/2 biscuit mixture in bottom of pan. It will not cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Evenly place 1/4 cup strawberry jam over top of biscuit mixture. I used a squirt bottle of jam. If it is easier, you can melt the 1/4 jam in the microwave for 15 seconds then evenly pour it over top of biscuits.
- Place 2nd layer of biscuits pieces over top of jam covered biscuit pieces. Place in oven and bake 23-25 minutes, or until biscuits begin to brown on top.
- Remove from oven. Microwave 2 tablespoons peanut butter for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Peanut butter will be slightly runny. Drizzle peanut butter over top of baked monkey bread. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix confectioner's sugar, cashew milk, and vanilla. Drizzle over top of monkey bread. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.