Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding is full of pumpkin flavor filled with dark chocolate chips. Top it off with salted caramel sauce and a little whipped topping if you choose! The perfect fall dessert to serve your family or guests!
This week the Sunday Supper Movement is celebrating Fall Flavors. You will definitely want to check out the links at the end of this post for more yummy fall recipes!
I love this time of year. If it could stay fall forever, I’d be happy! I welcome fall for everything that is in it that I love. Things like the crisp and invigorating morning air, the cooler nights that make sleep easier, and warming recipes made with fall foods. Squash is probably my most favorite fall food item. Butternut squash is number one in my book, the pumpkin takes a really close second.
I was in the mood for something pumpkin and something that brought back some really comforting feelings from my past. My mom was good at making bread pudding and I always loved it. I rarely make bread pudding because its something Grumpy would rather not eat. I decided my desire for some good old fashioned comfort was not going to go away so I decided to try my hand at making bread pudding but add some pumpkin love to it. I made this with a pumpkin yeast bread that needed to be used up, topped with a little bit of caramel topping and sprinkled with a little bit of gray sea salt, then put some whipped cream on top to put it over the top! If you don’t have a pumpkin yeast bread around the house, don’t worry, you can use regular day old bread. I suggest a good sturdy bread though, not a loaf of bread you may buy to make sandwiches with, more like a crusty loaf you can buy from the bakery section of the grocery.
While Grumpy did not eat any of this bread pudding, I did take it to work. All I can say is between the 5 of us in the office, it was gone within a couple of days! It was a yummy
breakfast snack for all of us!
What are some of your favorite fall flavors and what recipes do you make with them? Leave me a comment below to let me know and please link up to your favorite recipe also! I would love to see what you all like and maybe even try it myself 🙂
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 6 cups day old bread, cut into 1′ cubes (I used a Pumpkin Yeast bread)
- 1.2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1.2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup extra dark chocolate chips
- caramel flavored ice cream topping
- gray sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together cream, pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour melted butter over bread cubes and toss to coat. Stir in chocolate chips and pecan pieces.
- Transfer bread cubes to a 9×13 baking dish. Pour pumpkin custard over top of bread cubes.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the pudding.
- Serve warm, topped with a tablespoon of caramel sauce drizzled over top, a sprinkling of gray sea salts, and whipped cream if desired.
“https://sundaysuppermovement.com/project/guide-to-apples-plus-best-fall-recipes-ideas-for-sundaysupper” target=”_blank”>A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week’s recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Appetizers and Sides
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
Desserts and Cocktails
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.