This Holiday Bruschetta is an appetizer that your guest will love for that holiday gathering! This soft cheese tops a crispy bread with a delicious pomegranate relish that is sweet, salty, spicy, crispy and creamy all in one bite.
Whether you are hosting a pre-holiday party, or just an evening with friends and family over the holidays, this Holiday Bruschetta with Pomegranate and Brie will brighten the evening upon your appetizer table!
Holiday Bruschetta is perfect for an appetizer party
Appetizers are my very favorite way of eating. I love that you get small bites and can try more than one item before your dead full. I think that is why I like to have little gatherings around the holiday time. Because I think it is fun to have an appetizer party with a little of this Holiday Bruschetta and a glass of wine!
How I made this recipe
For this recipe, I made my own bruschetta toast. Basically, because I wanted to flavor it with some freshly ground pepper. Even making my own toast, this recipe didn’t take that long to make at all.
Just 4 minutes on each side for the toast. Then another 2-3 minutes in the oven with the brie cheese and the holiday bruschetta are ready! I like to buy the sliced brie logs for this type of recipe. They are much easier to use size and shape-wise.
When the brie toasts come out of the oven, just top with the pomegranate-cranberry relish, sprinkle with a little more basil, arrange prettily on the platter and watch them disappear! They will disappear quickly, they are so delicious!
Other fun appetizers to serve with Holiday Bruschetta
Appetizer parties always require Mom’s Cheese Ball recipe, and if it’s between Christmas and New Years Eve, then this Champagne Marinated Shrimp and Fruit Salad is a winner.
*If you made this recipe for Holiday Bruschetta with Pomengrante and Brie, please leave a star rating*
Crispy bread topped with brie cheese and pomegranate topping for a festive holiday appetizer
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cranberries
- 2 packets sugar substitute sweetener
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit or orange zest
- 6 oz baguette-style french bread, cut into thin slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6-ounce log brie cheese, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- In a small bowl combine pomegranate seeds through citrus zest. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place sliced bread on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Spray the top of sliced bread with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with black pepper. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 4 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake another 4 minutes.
Remove bread slices from oven and top with each bread slice with 1 slice brie cheese.
- Return to oven and let bake 2 minutes.
- Remove brie toasts from oven and arrange on serving platter. Top with relish. Serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 17mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.