This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Cherry flavored dried cranberries and balsamic vinegar come together in this delicious sauce producing a slightly sweet and tangy sauce that is perfect for accompanying your pork tenderloin steaks, chops or roast. These Pork Loin Steaks with Cranberry Tarragon Sauce instantly became a hit in our home and Grumpy can expect to see it make an appearance on our table again in the near future!
I love to use Craisins® Dried Cranberries in all kinds of recipes, but lately I’ve been wanting to make more meals than baked goods so I decided that I would find a way to use some with pork tenderloin steaks.
With the holidays pretty much at an end, it is time that most of us will turn to healthier dishes to serve our families. Whether it be to try and reverse the damage done over the holiday season or to just go back to our healthier eating style. While still in a comfort food mode I focused on a recipe for dinner that would include a pan sauce made with cherry juice infused Craisins®.
I saw these Cherry Juice Infused Craisins® Dried Cranberries when shopping at in the dried fruit section of the snack aisle at Walmart last week and I immediately decided that would be a great flavor to go with some lean pork. Right next to the cranberries my eye caught the Craisins® Fruit Clusters, Cranberry Almond. I grabbed a bag of these to take to work for my mid morning snack (they are delicious!).
I been loving my cast iron skillet for stove-top and oven use. For these pork tenderloin steaks I did a pan sear, tossed in some garlic cloves and fresh tarragon, then placed them in the oven to finish off.
While the pork was finishing in the oven, I went ahead and made my sauce for topping.
The aroma in my home was amazing and the combination of Craisins®, balsamic, garlic, and tarragon was absolutely mouth watering. I knew it was going to make an amazing topping for our pork!
How would you use Craisins® Dried Cranberries to bring some tang to your savory foods?
- 4 pork tenderloin steaks (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Craisins® Dried Cranberries (Cherry Juice Infused)
- .1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place olive oil in hot cast iron skillet. Season pork and add to hot skillet. Sear about 3-4 minutes, or until a nice brown crust has formed on the bottom of steaks. Flip steaks and place in oven for 15 minutes, or until pork reached internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- While steaks are in the oven, prepare pan sauce. In a small saucepan whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch, and chicken broth until smooth. Add the vinegar, the Craisins®, tarragon and salt to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve the sauce over pork.