Chicken Noodle Salad Bowl is a combination of super greens, low carb pasta, chicken and peanut sauce. This is made with ready-made chicken breast strips for convenience. And the peanut sauce has an extra tang by adding some ready-made Italian Style dressing to it. This is Asian-Fusion at its most delicious!
This recipe is a great light evening meal. Also, if you have leftovers, you have lunch ready for a few days in the week! Now you can enjoy your better-than-takeout lunch at a more affordable price!
One month into our pledge to eat healthier and Grumpy and I are going strong. We have been making smarter choices and eating more vegetables with our protein. Finding convenient and high protein products like the Tyson® Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips made our weeknight dinner making quick, convenient, and an easy way for us to eat right!
One of the ways I have been getting in my exercise is to go shopping on lunch hour! I work on getting my daily steps in this way at least once a week! Getting my walk on is pretty fun when I can shop!
On my recent trip, I wanted to find something that would help me make a high protein salad bowl for our meal that evening. I don’t always buy convenience items. However, it can be difficult to go home at night, cook a meal, and still think about what to pack for lunch the next day.
On my recent trip I grabbed a bag of Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips, some super greens, limes, cucumbers, and cilantro. I also picked up a bottle of Italian Salad Dressing. I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to bring dinner all together until I was in my car on my way home from work (where I do my best thinking!).
The surprise ingredient in the peanut sauce I made was the robust Italian Salad Dressing! I felt the boldness of the dressing would be a great compliment to add to the sauce!
After mixing my it the peanut sauce together, I prepared the ready-made chicken strips by microwaving about 2 minutes. Next, I tossed together with the noodles, warmed-up chicken strips, and sauce.
This made a good sized healthy salad bowl for Grumpy and me! Very filling, satisfying, full of protein and power greens with a sauce that tastes like it came from a restaurant.
How do you get your healthy on? Do you make sure to get good quality proteins into your diet? I think salad bowls are pretty amazing and high protein ones are a great way to end your day by filling you up!
This recipe is a great recipe to make for a light evening meal and have leftovers to take for lunch during the week! Now you can have your better-than-takeout lunch at a more affordable price!
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Wish-Bone® Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Aleppo Pepper
- 8 ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips, diced
- 6 ounce, Power Blend Superfood Salad Mix (kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots)
- 1/2 cup sliced, Cucumber, with peel, raw, diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz, Low Carb Pasta such as Dreamfields
- 1/4 cup(s), Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 limes, quartered
- Mix water, soy sauce, Wish-Bone® Italian Salad Dressing, brown sugar blend, Aleppo pepper, peanut butter, and sesame oil together. If needed, put in microwave for 10 seconds to soften peanut butter. Set aside.
- Prepare Chicken Breast Strips as per instructions on package. Toss chicken, pasta, and peanut sauce together until chicken and pasta are well coated.
- Toss pasta mixture together with salad mix and cucumbers. Divide into 6 servings. Top with cilantro and squeeze with fresh lime juice if desired.
Serving Size:1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g