Tequila and Lime. Those two ingredients are a match made in heaven. Add to it a little sugar along with some other ingredients to make a dessert and you have some amazing and unique recipes. Today, in preparation for Cinco de Mayo, I am sharing with you some of the best recipes I have found on the internet and bring to you 20 Delicious Dessert Recipes with Tequila!
Think Margarita Cake-and-Jello Shots (OMG Amazing!) or Strawberry Margarita Funnel Cake with Key Lime Curd and Tequila Soaked Strawberries! Oh those words (and photos) just make me fall in love all over again with Tequila!
The recipe that inspired me to do this roundup are these Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Shooters. Delicious layers of sweet and salty pretzel crumbs, strawberry curd, and tangy no-bake tequila lime cheesecake filling. So delicious that you may want more than just one shooter! These are perfect little party desserts!
Speaking of parties, what’s a party without cake and jello shots? The next party I attend (or host) I will be bringing these Margarita Cake-and-Jello Shots from The Kitchen is my Playground. No doubt about it!
Strawberry Margarita Funnel Cake from Melanie Makes had me at first sight. If ever I was going to break my diet, it would be for this recipe! Crispy funnel cake, lime curd drizzle and tequila soaked strawberries. I say let’s have a house party and make funnel cake!
If you must have your cake and jello separate, then have a stylish birthday party with these fancy Margarita Cupcakes from Renee over at Renee’s Kitchen Adventure. I love how piled high that frosting is and how she has decorated her cakes! She can make these for my birthday anytime!
I cannot resist a bundt cake, and if you make it with tequila and lime then I’m all over that baby. The frosting catches your eye and draws you right in. Lemons for Lulu knew what she was doing when she made this Tequila Lime Bundt Cake – the king of cakes!
Need to get your icy tequila dessert kick on? Well look no further than these Spicy Tequila Sunrise Popsicles found over at Floating Kitchen! Jalapeno, Tequila and Orange Juice with a splash of grenadine come together in these amazing popsicles that I know I would become enamored with. After all, I AM the sweet heat girl!
Speaking of Cake, I came across several cupcake recipes that looked and sounded too good to pass up! They all look fabulous, but that Pink Cadillac Margarita Cupcake has a pretty catchy name!
7. Margarita Cupcakes from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
8. Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes from Lauren over at From Gate to Plate
9. Margarita Cupcakes with Margarita Buttercream from The Kitchen is my Playground
10. Pink Cadillac Margartia Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Tequila is just a natural ingredient when your’re making cheesecake, don’t you think? I know these ladies had the right idea!
11. Margarita Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick can bake
12. Mini Margarita Cheesecakes from Chocolate Moosey
13. Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Tequila in cookies, brownies and Pie (chocolate at that)!
14. Margarita Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands
15. Mexican Brownies with Tequila Lime Buttercream from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
16. Coconut Margarita Cookies from Real Housemoms
17. Mexican Chocolate Tart with Tequila in a Saltine-Graham Cracker Crust from ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
Last, but far from least, are icy desserts. Great for cooling off on those hot days!
18. Watermelon, Lime, and Tequila Granita from Sidewalk Shoes
19. Watermelon Lemonade Margarita Popsicles from Chocolate Moosey
20. Frozen Key Lime Margarita Squares from Dinner, Dishes, & Dessert
What would be your choice for celebrating Cinco de Mayo? I’d love to know if you have any tried and true dessert recipes with Tequila!