Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs are coated in a slightly sweet and spicy sauce and served over a cauliflower bean puree. Pure comfort food with fewer calories!
Today the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing all kinds of meatball recipes with you! Appetizers, soups, main dishes and even dessert meatballs! You will be amazed at the flavors and variety and I’m excited to share with you Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs!
I was pretty excited to find out our theme today was for meatballs as I had just come across this recipe for Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs served over polenta in a recent issue of Cooking Light. I found another recipe in the same Cooking Light issue for a cauliflower bean puree that really looked a lot like polenta to me and since we are not huge polenta eaters, I thought the cauliflower bean puree would be a great substitute!
The meatballs themselves are super easy. You just combine some sesame oil with the ground turkey and shape them into a ball. I cooked mine in a skillet but you could easily bake these instead.
Once the meatballs are cooked you remove them from the pan and stir in your sauce ingredients. Return the meatballs to the skillet and coat them with the sauce bringing them back up to a warm temperature.
While the Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs were in the works I started on the cauliflower puree. It was pretty simple, cauliflower that had been chopped fine (I used my food processor), some mashed white beans, chicken broth, and a little bit of white cornmeal. My delicious results are pictured below!
How do you like your meatballs? Do you like to eat them the traditional way with pasta sauce over spaghetti or would you be more adventurous and try this recipe for Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs out?
- 1-1/4 lb 97% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1-1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cannellini beans, mashed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix ground turkey and dark sesame oil together to combine. Shape turkey into 1" round meatballs. Cook over medium heat in skillet coated with cooking spray until turkey is browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Mix water, ketchup, sriracha, hoisin and worcestershire sauce together until combined. Stir into skillet that meatballs were cooked in and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Return meatballs to skillet and coat with sauce.
- To prepare cauliflower puree, heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, mashed beans, cauliflower, milk, cornmeal and salt. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve meatballs with sauce over cauliflower puree.
5 meatballs per serving - you should get 20 meatballs total.
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Meatballs with Maple Balsamic Sauce from The Crumby Cupcake
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
- Crab Cake Mini Meatballs with Tartar Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Garlicky Shrimp Meatballs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Korean Meatballs from Palatable Pastime
- Saucy Thai Meatballs from Brunch-n-Bites
- Slow Cooker Turkey Appetizer Jelly Meatballs from Noshing With The Nolands
- Stuffed Meatballs from The Freshman Cook
- Tofu Nuggets from NinjaBaker
- Turkey Meatballs in Orange Sauce from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Goat Cheese from Our Good Life
- Russian Meatball Soup from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Main Dish Meatballs:
- All-Purpose Meatballs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Meatballs with Swiss Chard from And She Cooks
- Bourbon Baked Bean Meatballs from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Italian Meatball Sandwich from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Deep Dish Skillet Meatball Pizza from From Gate to Plate
- Fightin’ Irish Balls from Monica’s Table
- General Tso’s Chicken Meatballs from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grandma’s Italian Meatball Subs from Family Around The Table
- Hamballs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kefta Mkaouara (Moroccan Meatballs Tagine) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Keftedakia (Greek-style Meatballs) from Tramplingrose
- Kofte-Style Lamb Meatballs in a Tomato-Pepper Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking
- Meatball Subs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce from MyGourmetConnection
- Orecchiette and Meatball Skillet Dinner from Momma’s Meals
- Persian Lamb Meatballs from Food Lust People Love
- Portuguese Meatballs in Garlicky Wine Sauce from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Meatballs from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Slow Cooker Meatball Stew from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs from The Chef Next Door
- Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sun Dried Tomato & Bulgarian Feta Chicken Meatballs over Lemon-Spinach Orzo From Simply Healthy Family
- Swedish Meatballs (Frikadeller) from Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs with Zucchini Ribbons from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Sweet & Sour Freezer to Slow-Cooker Meatballs from Wholistic Woman
- Tajine-el-Khoukh (Algerian Stuffed Peaches) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Thai Spaghetti and Meatballs from Kitchen Gidget
- Thai Red Curry Meatballs with Coconut Curry Sauce from kimchi MOM
- Ultimate Pasta & Meatballs from MealDiva
- Brownie Meatballs with Frosting Spaghetti from Pies and Plots
Plus Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and More Amazing Meatball Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement