Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Shooters – layered with a salty sweet pretzel crumb, lime flavored cheesecake filling, and strawberry curd. Add a little Patron to to make this an adult version and you have a yummy little bite to serve guests for dessert!
Remember that Strawberry Curd I shared with you last week? Well here is a perfect recipe to use that in! It’s not too early to think about making these for Cinco de Mayo. Before you know it, that day will be here! If you’re like me, the days fly by so fast that before you know it, we are on top of a date and not ready for it.
I used Splenda to sweeten my cheesecake filling for this particular dessert. I also wanted to make it a sweet/sour bite so I used 3 ounces of lime juice as well as added lime zest and a little Patron to the cheesecake filling.
Grumpy was waiting at the wings ready to jump right in and devour one of these treats. I think it was because he saw the Patron sitting on the counter. Ha!
Grumpy suggested to use sugar instead of salt on the rim of the dish and I have to agree it was definitely the right choice. The pretzels add enough salt and the lime adds enough zing. Sugar on the rim strikes the perfect balance!
So go ahead, make these up for your next party! You don’t have to wait for Cinco de Mayo to get here to enjoy these.
I’m curious, would you make any changes to this recipe? I thought it was pretty yummy as was, but would consider a graham cracker crumble also. I might even make it a daiquiri recipe and use rum instead of tequila!
- 6 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 shot tequila (I used Patron)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- [url href=”https://www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/2016/03/strawberry-curd.html”]Strawberry Curd[/url]
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- In large mixing bowl, using hand mixer, blend cream cheese, lime juice, lime zest, tequila, and sour cream until well combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Crush pretzels into fine crumbs. Stir in sugar substitute and lime zest. Stir in melted butter, mixing well until pretzels have a “damp” look.