Artichoke hearts, jalapeno, and full of flavor asiago cheese makes this Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta a finger food you can’t keep your fingers out of!
Our Sunday Supper theme today is “Finger Foods for Dinner” and believe me, I could eat a whole tray of this finger food by myself! Thank you to our host Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for hosting this event.
Back in 2009 I first posted my brother Phil’s recipe for Brader’s Artichoke Bruschetta. It is so delicious and one of my favorite appetizers ever! Today I am making it again, but I’m making it “Shelby style,” meaning, with a little bit of heat and with Asiago cheese (one of my favorite cheeses!) in place of Parmesan.
I love the slight tang of the artichoke hearts combined with the strong Asiago flavor and those little bit of Jalapeno pepper pieces in the mixture give you that little kick of heat once in awhile.
I love that this recipe is so versatile that you can also just put it in a baking dish and turn it into a hot Artichoke Jalapeno dip! This is the way to go when you’re taking it to a party outside of your own home. I imagine this would fare well in a slow cooker also to make transporting even easier!
Would you make any changes to this recipe to personalize it? What would you do?
- 6 slices sturdy bread (such as Trader Joe’s Tuscan Pane)
- 1-14 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded or grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno
- 8 Tablespoons Canola Mayonnaise
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine chopped artichoke hearts, red onion, asiago cheese, jalapeno and mayonnaise.
- Spread artichoke mixture evenly over 6 slices of bread. Place in oven and broil under low temperature until bread browns nicely and artichoke mixture begins to bubble.
- Alternatively you can place the artichoke mixture in a oven safe bowl and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and begins to brown on top. Serve with crostini or pita chips or, if your like me, eat it by the spoonful 🙂
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.