Grilled Avocado are sprinkled with salt, pepper, and sweetener combination, grilled on a hot grill to get a slight char, then served with a tangy cilantro-lime cream sauce. Creamy and delicious, this Grilled Avocado recipe is a great appetizer for any summertime gathering.
Avocados are the perfect food for the low carb keto dieters! This recipe for grilled avocados are a little different, a lot of special and a whole lot of delicious! Make it as a light evening dinner spread on a Keto Flour Tortilla and drizzled with a little more of the cilantro lime cream sauce.
My love for Grilled Avocados
I am absolutely enamored with avocados. No matter how they are prepared. However, this recipe is the most simple and delicious ways to enjoy the avocado. I have already made these appetizer recipes for Avocado Fries and love this recipe for Tomato Avocado Salad Stack.
So, when it came to grilling an avocado, I was very pleasantly surprised with how they turned out! They were not mushy as I expected, and the simple seasoning was perfect. They made a delicious light meal for us to enjoy while sitting on our back deck at the end of the day!
Avocado and Keto FAQ’s
Avocados are one of the best and healthiest fruits to eat. They are a healthy fat that is high in fiber and they are great for the keto diet.
Can I eat too many avocados on Keto?
Avocados are excellent for Keto and are very are filling. So, you probably won’t feel like eating more than one a day. As a matter of fact, I usually will consume only ½ an avocado a day when I have them. However, due to the amount of fat and fiber in an avocado, if you do eat too many, it may have a laxative effect
How many net carbohydrates are in an avocado?
A whole avocado has 17 carbohydrates. To get the amount of net carbs in an avocado, you subtract the amount of fiber (13) from the carbohydrates (17) to get 4 net carbs in one avocado.
Making a Grilled Avocados Appetizer
You won’t believe how easy and delicious it is to make Grilled Avocados! They are super tasty with the cilantro-lime cream, which is a very basic recipe.
I like to make my cilantro lime cream ahead of time. All you need is fresh lime juice, cilantro and a little salt. Once you have it mixed together, store it in your refrigerator until it is ready to use. This cilantro lime cream sauce is also excellent drizzled overtop of the Ultimate Burger Bowl!
Sometimes the simplest recipes are some of the tastiest, this grilled avocado appetizer is definitely one you want to share this summer.
Tips for making Grilled Avocados
- Use a pastry brush to coat the avocado halves with lime juice
- Grill over medium heat for only 3 minutes. Don’t go longer or your avocados will lose their firmness.
- If you don’t have a grill, use a grill pan or cast iron skillet on your cooktop.
Simple and delicious avocados served with a cilantro lime cream are a perfect appetizer or light evening dinner for 2!
- 2 avocados, halved
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons granulated erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro Leaves
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix together erythritol, salt, and ground pepper. Spray cut side of avocado with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle avocado halves with salt mixture, reserving some for finishing.
- Place Avocado, pit side down, on grill rack. Grill 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred.
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Cut each avocado half in half. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with a little reserved sugar/salt/pepper mixture. Serve with flour tortilla.
- Serving Size: 1/2 avocado, 1 tablespoon cilantro-lime cream