Super tender and delicious Certified Angus Beef ® Filet Mignon Steak with Grilled Corn Avocado Salad is melt in your mouth delicious! The fresh corn on the cob is grilled to perfection and combined with grilled tomatoes and shishito peppers then tossed with some chopped avocado and balsamic dressing to give it that perfect finishing touch!
The first time I made this salad, Grumpy would not eat it. I put avocado in it so I “ruined it”. He ate the filet mignon and that was it! However this time, he came in the house after mowing the yard and was famished. He took a spoonful of the salad, then proceeded to eat almost the whole thing!
After going to the Food & Wine Conference I tried several attempts to do a food video. I was having no luck. I couldn’t get my set-up to work. While I still don’t have the video (I need LOTS of practice before I share!) I do have the set-up! Grumpy went out of his way to make sure he made a permanent set up for me to do food videos – all the while he is in intolerable pain in his elbow. Yes. This photo proves to me that even though he’s grumpy, he still loves me and wants to make sure I have everything my heart desires.
I in turn feed him delicious food! While he may have thought I was feeding him something awful to go on that filet mignon, he found out after the second time that I wasn’t! Now I can’t wait to make this again because not only will I be happy, so will he!
Corn on the cob has started to show up in the market now and memories of corn roasts come flooding back making me want to taste that sweet roasted corn. While I don’t have the equipment needed to host a big corn roast, I have found that I can grill corn on the cob and have it come out just as tasty.
I have been receiving a monthly shipment of steaks from Certified Angus Beef ® as part of a prize I won for an Instagram contest I participated in over the holidays last year. These filet mignon are the most recent shipment and we have completely enjoyed every single bite!
I am definitely learning how to grill quite well and needless to say, we are also eating quite well too!
This perfectly cooked filet mignon Steak with Grilled Corn Avocado Salad is the perfect summertime meal. I would have to say that Grumpy definitely ate like a king with this dinner and he finished it as a happy one!
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- 2 large slightly firm tomatoes
- 1 cup roasted shishito peppers, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 ounce filet mignon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- grinder garlic salt
- Pre-heat grill until very hot. I bring my grill up to about 550 degrees before I start cooking.
- Prep filet mignon by rubbing 1 teaspoon olive oil over each filet then season with the grinder garlic salt. Cover and place back in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, brush corn, tomatoes and shishito peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper or grinder garlic salt. Place on grill and lower heat to medium-high heat. Grill, covered, 3-10 minutes or until vegetables are charred and tender, turning occasionally.
- Bring grill back up to a high heat. Place filet mignon on grill, lower lid and reduce heat to medium-high. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side until desired doneness. I cook our until it reaches an internal temperature of about 125 as it will continue to cook once removed from the grill and internal temp after resting is about 135. If you like your meat less rare, cook until it reaches a temp at least 10 degrees below your desired doneness. Let meat rest on plate at least 5 minutes.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs. Place in a bowl. Dice tomatoes and peppers (remove skin and seeds from tomatoes if desired) and place in bowl with corn. Add avocado, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Serve salad over top of sliced filet mignon. This entire recipe serves two people and is very filling as well as under 500 calories!