Waffle Egg Sandwiches are cheesy waffles aka chaffles, with bacon, creamy avocado, and a runny egg with a spicy mayo drizzle. This egg sandwich is a creamy, crispy, low carb comfort in your mouth making a delicious brunch or dinner!
These Waffle Egg Chaffle Sandwiches are a great morning meal! They are satisfying, keto-friendly sandwiches that the whole family will enjoy. Not only are they easy to make, but they take very little time in the kitchen and can be great for a special breakfast for dinner meal also
I have been thinking about making a waffle egg sandwich with chaffles for some time so when I found out that Sunday Supper Tastemakers were going to be making all things waffle, I decided to give this particular sandwich a try!
Grab your waffle iron and let’s make some egg sandwiches!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
I used to not make waffles that often because I felt it was a lot of work. Now, with my mini waffle iron and cheese waffle (chaffle) recipes, I am happy to pull it out any time! Just a couple of ingredients and an amazing waffle egg sandwiches are the results of just a few minutes work.
Variations to Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches
- Make open-faced waffle egg sandwiches and drizzle the top with some melted cheese
- Top the egg with homemade salsa instead of sriracha mayonnaise
- Swap out the bacon for sausage
- Mix a little sugar-free maple syrup into your sriracha mayonnaise to give it a sweet heat kick.
- Serve with scrambled or poached eggs instead of fried.
How to make Asiago Cheese Crisps
To make these, I fried a tablespoon of the cheese in a hot skillet until crispy and browned! I felt that the runny egg yolk and avocado on the sandwich would give it the creaminess that the sandwich would need. You can go with a soft melty cheese if you prefer, but the flavor of the asiago can’t be beaten!
More awesome low carb waffle recipes!
Waffle sandwiches are not only fun but oh so delicious! Try this Cajun Shrimp and Avocado Chaffle Sandwich for a hearty and delicious low carb waffle (aka chaffle) sandwich!
This Bacon Cheeseburger Waffle (Low Carb) is crazy delicious. It’s like a burst of all kinds of deliciousness in your mouth!
Cauliflower isn’t just to make mash with, you can also make waffles! These Benedict Cauliflower Waffles are the bomb!
Make this recipe for Breakfast Bruschetta and substitute the chaffle waffle for the English muffin.
Try this Grilled Asparagus, Taleggio, and Fried Egg Panini and make it keto low carb waffle egg sandwiches buy using the chaffle instead of bread.
*If you made this recipe, please leave a star rating*
Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches are cheesy waffles that sandwich creamy avocado and a runny egg. Give it a little sriracha drizzle and top it off with an asiago cheese crisp.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg, Aleppo pepper and 3 cups of asiago cheese together.
- Cook in hot waffle iron according to manufacturers' instructions. Cut waffles into sandwich-sized portions.
- Make cheese crisps adding 1 tablespoon of cheese to the hot skillet, frying until browned and crisp. Remove and set aside until ready to assemble the sandwich.
- In a hot skillet, Cook 4 eggs according to preference. Assemble sandwich by layering cheese crisp, avocado, bacon, and egg. Drizzle with a sriracha mayo if desired and top with another waffle. Serve hot.
Make a sriracha mayo by combining sriracha sauce and mayonnaise to taste. Add lime juice if desired, to thin out some and make a drizzle sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 428mgSodium: 1372mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 40g