Grilled Vegetable Pizza, covered with vegetables that have been grilled, with a slight char, and full of flavor. The cheese is Camembert and it compliments the vegetables on this pizza perfectly!
I love eating meals like this Grilled Vegetable Pizza! Grumpy was working out of town a little while back and when he works out of town, that is when I like to experiment and make recipes that I know he would probably give me resistance on. I have to admit, one of the hardest things about being a food blogger is loving to experiment and your partner giving you rife about it. (until he does eat it and realizes it is good!!
Grumpy would probably like the grilled vegetable part of this pizza (minus the tomatoes) but I highly doubt he would have approved of the Camembert cheese! Hey, this is the man who wanted me to put American Cheese Slices on his Grilled Asparagus, Taleggio, and Fried Egg Panini! My reasoning for choosing Camembert was because it was slightly mild and soft, and it would not overpower the grilled vegetable flavor I wanted on this pizza. If I were to make this for Grumpy, I’d have to use a cheese like colby jack which I think would go well with the veggies also. So if you don’t like Camembert, you could probably go with colby jack cheese.In my opinion, this turned out absolutely delicious! It was a big pizza for just one person but I enjoyed this for dinner, breakfast (yes, breakfast!), and it produced a few lunches for me also! I love how the Camembert was creamy enough to just spread over the pizza, resulting in no need for a sauce of any kind. It also melted perfectly as you can see in the photo above!
The only part of this recipe that was not grilled were the sweet hot cherry peppers. They were added to give the recipe a little bit of that sweet heat that I love so much! This pizza can pretty much be whatever you want it to be using the veggies you love cooked on the grill the most! What veggies would you use on this pizza?
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust (I used store bought)
- Assorted grilled veggies – I used:
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- 6 ounces Camembert Cheese at room temperature
- Prep veggies by cooking on the grill over a medium heat. I brush my veggies with a little olive oil and then season with some grinder garlic salt. The corn will take the longest to grill, about 7 minutes.
- Spread Camembert Cheese over top of pre-baked pizza crust. Layer veggies on top of crust and place on grill over low heat. Grill about 7-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and crust is hot.
- Serve immediately.